Tuesday, August 18, 2009

See, I told you so!

A salad a day!

Today’s lunch was a warm zucchini salad…well, that’s what I’m calling it. 

Basically I sautéed up some diced zucchini with a tsp (yes, I measured because my free pours are getting out of hand!) of EVOO, fresh minced garlic, and s&p.

034

Poured that on top of my salad…which was simply romaine, carrots, tomatoes, radishes, a drizzle of Renee’s Spring Herb dressing and a generous sprinkle of parmesan.

036 038

Served with a side of these super yummy bagel chips I found on clearance at Bulk Barn this weekend.  99 cents!  These are the sea salt ones and they are crunchy and delicious.  I still have a bag of herby ones to crack into too.

026

Backing up…it was cool enough for hot coffee today so I enjoyed a cup with my book (Sookie #5) out on the freshly painted front porch in the sun. 

032

Also made a mug of yogurt & fresh blueberries with a sprinkle of hulled hemp seeds.  Light breakfast but it’s all I wanted today.  Just too stuffy this morning I think.

030 031 

Tonight was supposed to be a make-up Booty Camp.  Alas, poor Booty Camp I think you’ve seen the last of the Halibloggers.  Our schedules just don’t jive, and today’s heat was just too much for a strenuous workout.  Thursday is the final make-up class and we all have other plans so I guess that’s that.  It was fun while it lasted!  Thanks to Heather and Eszter for many fabulous workouts and fun, new strength moves to try on my own.

Instead I took myself to the nice, cool gym.  25 minutes of cross country on the elliptical and lots of squats, lunges, and crunches.  After 4 days off, I felt great to get my sweat on (and not sweat from the glowing sun or painting the porch!).

For din-din it had to be quick and easy because I was crazy hungry after my workout.  Thankfully I bought a few quickie meal savers while shopping this weekend.  Tonight, Amy’s burrito thingy won out.

039 

I opted for the microwave method because cooking it in a 350 degree oven for 50 minutes was so NOT going to happen on a day like today!  hehe.  Served with cold veggie sticks, organic salsa and light sour cream.  Hit.the.spot.

041

Now I’m waiting to see if FH is in the mood for ice cream again…or if I should just dive face first into the lemon Liberte yogurt…hehe. :)

Pin It

2 comments:

farm girl. said...

you may have a salad a day, but at least you mix it up a bit...mine are generally same ole, same ole!

Angela Power said...

I am in LURVE with salads of late. Once upon a time I used to make salads a "go to" simply to save calories, and hence a boring and dreaded meal. Now I don't mind eating a 7-8ish salad at all. In fact that's all I've thought about lately.

I cooked last night in the HEAT and I had the oven AND burners going. I'm crazy.