Monday, August 17, 2009

A Salad a Day

I don’t know if you all have noticed, but I’m kind of a salad whore.  Especially lately, since it’s so warm and FH is doing his own thing at meal times.  I’m not heating up the oven or preparing something time consuming when I can just have a big yummy salad!

Tonight’s dinner was a big bowl of fresh local romaine lettuce, fresh local radishes, tomatoes, yellow peppers, fresh local carrots, and herby goat cheese.

Drizzled simply with EVOO, a squirt of lemon and sprinkled with cracked sea salt and pepper.

IMG_3720

Topped with pan seared shrimp, cooked with a little real butter, fresh minced garlic, a squirt of lemon, and a few red pepper flakes.

IMG_3722

Simple and deeeelish.

IMG_3725

Earlier in the day I had a small breakfast of fresh blueberries (no more local…but these BC ones are awesome!) mixed into the last of the Liberte Svelt strawberry yogurt. An oatmeal raisin bar on the side.

IMG_3709

The day started out cool but humid so I wasn’t too hungry.  Stuck with some iced coffee to sip throughout the morning.

IMG_3706

For lunch I kept with the fresh veggie theme and made two small veggie wraps.  Light herby cream cheese, matchstick carrots, yellow peppers, tomatoes, and romaine.

IMG_3717

For my afternoon snack I busted out an Apple Pie Larabar.  I had planned to hit the gym and thought this would be perfect to hold me over, but when I went to get my gear I found FH washing and waxing my car so couldn’t go anywhere.  Small price to pay for having my car so nice and shiny!!  Fanks FH!

IMG_3718

Went for an evening walk around the neighborhood after dinner instead.  Was hoping for an awesome sunset (we’ve had a couple of really bright pink ones lately) but no luck tonight!

And to finish up the evening, we settled in for some more Mad Men Season Two on DVD…FH had himself another Wendy’s Froster, but I was quite proud of myself for declining the offer and choosing a bowl of cherries instead!!

IMG_3726

Pin It

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Declining ice cream? *Applauds* I don't think I could... ;)

I love looking at all the salads, you always seem to have so many different ideas. I would have never thought to throw some shrimp on one. Yum!

Oh and thanks for the Mad Men mention, I needed something new to watch.

Marisa @Loser for Life said...

Love Apple Pie Larabars!

Vanessa (Last Night's Leftovers) said...

Cherries beat ice cream any day!

Angela Power said...

I've been all about salads lately...cant get enough! That all looks YUMO!!!

Lex said...

I'll be honest - I have no idea what I was thinking!!

OF COURSE I'm on team Eric!!!

There's too much looking down & looking up while calling 'SOOKEH' from bill.

I got carried away with the tornado.
Wtf is wrong with me! hahah
my brain is still fried.
sheesh!