Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Salad Gone Fruity

Shocker! I had salad for lunch.  :)

I’m getting to the heart of my big romaine lettuce, so those crispier, crunchier pieces inspired me to keep today’s salad crunchy and refreshing.

The Royal Gala apple in my fridge wasn’t getting any younger either so I decided it needed to be incorporated into today’s menu.

In the big bowl:  romaine, carrots, blueberries, chopped apple, a sprinkle of chopped walnuts, and a simple drizzle of honey & squirt of lemon juice.

004 005 

A plate of organic wheat crackers (which must have little anise seeds or something in them because they have a lovely light licorice taste to them…which is odd that I like it because I HATE licorice) with some light herby cream cheese.

006

Breakfast was a simple bowl of thawed raspberries with a dollop of Lemon Liberte yogurt.  Only a small dollop since this variety is crazy calorie dense…might as well serve ice cream for breakfast!  :)

003 002

With coffee of course. 

It’s light and breezy outside today…a nice reprieve from the screeching heat of the last few days.  Hopefully the heat returns though because this is truly the most Summer we’ve seen all year!  Now that our deck is painted we want to pull out our furniture and actually get to use it!

I did get my planters back up yesterday though…don’t they look snappy on the new white painted railings?  :)

007 008

Last year I spent like $60 buying a variety of different plants for these two planters, but this year I went back to my old favorite the impatients for only $12!  And this years are so much nicer!  Sometimes I really try to overdo things when in the end I should know I just like simple!!

Pin It

5 comments:

itsawrap said...

That's one of my all-time fave salads but I add tuna too!

H-woman said...

Your flowers look great! Mine are not photo worthy at all. =(

Salad looks yummy!

H =)

xo, Amanda said...

2 thumbs up to everything in this post. ALL the food and the pretty flowers :)

Angela Power said...

Nom nom nom...

GarlicBOSS said...

Blueberry salad Ok thats very cool