Monday, June 01, 2009

Caffeine Crash

Do you know what happens when I am tired, do a morning workout, and only have one cup of coffee?  Afternoon crash, that’s what.  I did predict a dragging of the feet, but holy man…I just about nodded off at my desk!

I tried to be healthy and fill the void with 1/2 an apple with some crunchy organic peanut butter, but it didn’t work.

023

Around 3:30 I decided maybe sugar would help, so I drank up the second half of my Sugar Tahiti Treat leftover from yesterday.  Along with this I had a handful of honey roasted cashews and some chocolate macaroons.

 024 025     

Felt great for about half an hour, but then the drive to get FH zoned me out again.  THIS is why I don’t really drink sugary sodas anymore…the CRASH.

Not enough coffee + too much sugar = exhausted me

Thankfully, dinner was easy leftovers of last night’s awesome pizza.  I heated it in the oven because microwaving it would have been gross.  We added some sautéed mushrooms on top this time just for fun, and served it with a huge, fresh salad.

030

In the salad bowl: romaine & radicchio, broccoli, cauliflower, orange pepper, tomatoes, red onion, and Renee’s Spring Herb Italian dressing.

028

After dinner FH suggested a walk, so we took a 15 minute stroll around the neighborhood.  Lovely.  Clear skies, but quite chilly!

For dessert I made up a bowl with the last of my Liberte coconut yogurt, one of my banana coconut muffins broken up, and three fresh strawberries chopped up and stirred in.  It’s like healthy trifle!

032033

I’ve prepped more strawberries from the HUGE box I bought today, plus made a Greek-ish salad for lunch tomorrow, and cut up some more veggie sticks for whenever I need them.  We have a whole lotta produce in the fridge right now and I find it gets used up more quickly if it’s prepped and ready to go.

Now I think a sit on the couch is in order.  I’m pooooopered.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Pin It

4 comments:

Vanessa (Last Night's Leftovers) said...

Aren't the fresh strawberries just fantastic? I've been gobbling them up like it's going out of style ;)

Lex said...

Mmmm I looove all of the delicious fresh fruit spring/summer brings

I raided the fruit section at costco today and loaded up on raspberries, blueberries, blackberries & strawberries

Can't wait for brekkie & snackie time!!

Angela Power said...

I hear ya on that. And that's why I can't eat sugary treats too often because it is like crack and keeps me needing more. The crash sucks.

I'm all about the berries!

Jen said...

I agree about the pizza having to be heated in the oven!!! HUGE difference!!!

I noticed a huge crash yesterday afternoon as well (after my big turk bar and diet pepsi)...NOT cool!