Sunday, May 31, 2009

Asparagus, Cheese, and Prosciutto Pizza

With a little help from Eat Live Run and Rachel Ray, we had a FANTASTIC pizza dinner.

I started by making a batch of Jenna’s “best” pizza dough. This recipe has been making the rounds of the blogosphere lately, and now I know why. *shout out to Jenna*

My Kitchen Aide mixer came down off the shelf for the occasion! This dough was incredibly easy to make and took no time at all. (I spent more time washing the dust off the mixer than I did making the dough!). We let it rise while we were out at the park.

When we got home, I split the dough into two balls. Froze one for later, and rolled the other out to fit a cookie sheet. Following this recipe that I had torn out of a RR magazine ages ago I put together the toppings quickly and easily.

IMG_0894

Click the photo to read the recipe. I can’t find it on the RR website.

I kept checking on it because I was so worried my first pizza wouldn’t turn out. But it turned out exactly as shown in the picture! And tasted great too!! FH said “flavorful and delicious”. :) The crust was thin with crispy edges and a chewy bottom. The three cheeses made it creamy and gooey. And the asparagus and prosciutto added enough natural flavor that no extra herbs or spices were needed. Deeeeeeelish.

IMG_0888IMG_0886IMG_0890IMG_0891IMG_0892

I ate three of the twelve pieces. :) I love square pizza pieces.

I am thinking “pizza Sunday” may have to be instituted around here.

Pin It

4 comments:

Vanessa said...

That looks amazing!

Anonymous said...

Yummy!

I make pizza in my breadmaker every Friday. I ♥ it. :o)

Angela Power said...

YUM-friggin-O!

Okay I definitely should NOT be reading these blogs when I still have an hour and a half until I can eat lunch!

I've been meaning to try the whole wheat pizza crust posted on Matt on Brew 'n Bake, but I'm pretty sure he uses that preferment 12 hour prep process which isn't hard, just more time consuming.

Jen said...

I will be making this one too!!!! Seriously!!! You are full of amazing recipes lately!!! I love it!!!!

(I wish it was pizza day EVERY SINGLE day at my house!!!)