Monday, June 01, 2009

Breakfast, Lunch, and Gym

Back to the early mornings this week (well, today for sure…FH’s course is having a lot of issues so it’s all one day at a time for now) so back to the gym this morning.

Took it a little easier on the treadmill…my back is still bugging me, my shoulder is acting up, and for some reason my hip joints are sore.  I feel like an old woman!  And the worst is that I haven’t done anything strenuous to make all of these things hurt at the same time.  Bah.

So I lowered my pace to 4.5mph on the treadmill and just took it slow.  3 minute warmup, 17 minute jog, 3 minute cooldown.

I wasn’t thrilled with my distance or calorie burn, so decided to add 12 minutes of high incline walking on the elliptical for a total of 45 minutes of cardio (2.45 miles, approx 250 cals burned).

Today is lower body strength day but in keeping with the theme of switching things up and taking it easy on myself, I decided to skip the squats and lunges today.  Instead I did 3 sets of 15 hamstring curls on the ball and 2 full sets of Eurydice’s bum exercises.

As always I threw in a bit of core work.  30 crunches, 30 reverse crunches, 30 side-to-side twists.

On the way home I HAD to stop at Starbucks (to pick up some loot for the fast approaching Blog Girls GTG) so grabbed my morning coffee while I was there.  Today’s choice: grande non-fat coffee misto (translation: coffee with lots of hot milk).  This kept me to one cup instead of two today, so I foresee a bit of a lag in my step this afternoon.

011 

Breakfast consisted of my Green Monster, my very milky coffee, and one of my banana coconut muffins.  Lots of protein and fibre in all of that so it kept me going for about 2.5 hours.

012

For lunch I did some digging in the fridge.  We seem to have a lot of bread-type products open (pitas, 2 kinds of bread, a roll, hot dog buns) so I decided a sammich was the way to go.  Turkey, light cheddar, tomatoes, lettuce, honey dijon and light mayo on a multigrain seeded bun.  Yum Yum!

019 

Served with some veggies sticks and an oatmeal chocolate chip bar for dessert.  I’m so full!

020 Pin It

6 comments:

Angela Power said...

OMG I'm so excited about our little sbux "mementos"!

tash said...

I can't wait for you ladies to get to TO!

Vanessa (Last Night's Leftovers) said...

You and your sbux makes me giggle every time :)

Fatinah said...

I have such a love/hate relationship with your blog - while I LOVE reading it, I HATE that I have the urge to run to Starbucks immediately after reading it!

Today I'm giving in and going to get myself a huge honkin latte!

Leah @ Simply Fabulous said...

Love the smoothie!! Looks so good! I drink one everyday :)

Jen said...

Yum yum yum!!!

Thank you AGAIN so much for running to Starbucks for those!!!

I will go see if I can get 2 today!!! Keep your fingers crossed for me!!!