Monday, June 01, 2009

Smoothie Week!

A month or so ago I got a new cookbook that has what I thought was a chapter on smoothies.  This gave me the great idea to have a Smoothie Week!  Although it turns out most of the recipes are for juices (and I don’t have a juicer) I decided to go ahead with Smoothie Week anyway.  :)

Each day I will make a new smoothie for breakfast, or maybe an afternoon snack…depending on what’s going on.

If you have a “must try” smoothie recipe, please leave it for me in the comments.  I am willing to break out of the box and try more than just strawberries and bananas this week.

To launch the week, I decided that I should offer homage to Oh She Glows and join the Green Monster bandwagon.  *shout out to Angela*

In the blender: 1 small very ripe banana, 2 heaping teaspoons flax meal, 2 heaping cups organic baby spinach, 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond breeze

013

And just as everyone says, you can barely notice the spinach.  All I could taste was banana and a slight hint of vanilla from the almond milk.  Awesome!

Served up Angela style!

015 016

What should I blend up tomorrow?

Pin It

5 comments:

Vanessa said...

That is IT. I am buying a blender this week. End. Of. Story.

Smoothie week sounds awesome :D

skinny me! said...

Wow, everyone seems to be making these things lately...I need to try it. How do they taste?

Angela Power said...

This morning I changed it up slightly and I'll post about it when I go to lunch (HA did ya hear that??? WHEN I GOT TO LUNCH BECAUSE OF MY CUTIE NEW LITTLE PUTER!!!) :-D

Anonymous said...

I love that you served it in a martini glass!

Jaime said...

skinny: Mine tasted great. As I mentioned, you can't taste the spinach...I could really only taste the banana and the vanilla almond milk.