Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Smoothie Week – Day Two

A Brown Monster?  Sounds good, no? :)

Well folks, I’m hear to tell you that green + blue + orange = brown.

Admittedly I was worried that I’d ruined this particular smoothie.  When I saw the color I was not impressed.

However…lay your fears to rest!  It tasted fruity, fresh and tangy.  All good!!

In the blender today: 1/2 cup fresh frozen blueberries (slightly thawed), 1/2 very ripe banana, 1/2 cup Liberte vanilla yogurt, 2 cups organic baby spinach, 1 heaping tablespoon flax meal, about 3/4 cup orange juice (could have used only 1/2 cup).

001002

The results were ugly, but refreshing and yummy!  Served up OSG style again, in a stylin’ martini glass.

 003 004   Of course once I finished up my salad in a glass, I went straight for the coffeeeeeeee.  Two cups today people…not interested in another afternoon crash like yesterday!  Along with one of my banana coconut oatmeal muffins and my new best friends…allergy pills. Sneezing like a mad woman over here!

005006

Pin It

4 comments:

Vanessa (Last Night's Leftovers) said...

Sounds delicious!

Lex said...

Mmmm I really need to make more use of my blender - I *will* try the green monster one of these days... oh yes
i will!

Jen said...

That sounds like a FANTASTIC smoothie (despite the color!)

I am keeping notes!!!!

Angela Power said...

Okay that would trip me out...I'd see brown and think chocolate! It does sound good though!