Tuesday, August 14, 2012

A girl’s bestest feline friend

CIMG0006

Yesterday I had to say goodbye to my handsome boy, Mr. Stoopy.  After 17 years together, it’s going to be strange to not have him around.  He has been my constant companion since I was just 19, traveling with me as I’ve gone through life, roommates, boyfriends, multiple moves including a trek across Canada and back.

CIMG0004

I’ve always joked that he’s my most stable relationship.  My favourite boyfriend.  The bestest kitty a girl could ask for.  But it’s not a joke really.

_0001Stoopy_0017CIMG0010

He’s been by my side through thick and thin, sometimes cuddly, sometimes aloof, but always good for a snuggle or pet whether he liked it or not.

Stoopy_moving_Dec-1-07_020CIMG0025

He put up with other cats coming and going.  He even put up with a big dog joining the family for a couple of years…even though that meant he had to hide to enjoy his meals.  He accepted Chibi when I brought her home to join our family.  His approval was very important and I was so happy when it all worked out.

IMG_7832IMG_7157

He rode shotgun next to me all the way back across Canada from Halifax to Victoria…choosing to enjoy a car ride as a passenger rather than as a pet in a cage.  He got comfortable in random hotels and the homes of generous friends and never complained a bit.  Best road trip buddy ever.

IMG_8062IMG_8138IMG_1283

Sometimes handsome, sometimes cranky, sometimes lacking a little class.

IMG_4489IMG_8526

But always, always a great friend and fuzzy companion.  The bestest for sure.

IMG_8538

RIP Mr. Stoopy.  You will be missed.  So much.

IMG_4815

Pin It

17 comments:

H-woman said...

Oh, Jaime, I'm so sorry. Saying goodbye to our furry friends is so hard. RIP Mr. Stoopy. Big hugs to your human.

ElleBee said...

*Hugs* so sorry for your loss, Jaime. I know this must be so tough for you. He was lucky to have such a great Fur Mom and a long, healthy life. Thinking of you today.

rusty61 said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Mr. Stoopy. I've always enjoyed seeing him in your blog, and especially remember him on your cross-Canada trip.

Take care -- I'll be thinking about you.

Cathy

Mis(s)Mannered Mom said...

Losing a friend and constant companion is heartbreaking! :( my thoughts are with you. RIP

jaime said...

I am so, so sorry about the loss of Mr. Stoopy. He was so lucky to have you as his human.

Lady J said...

Just purrfect.... xoxo

Anonymous said...

So sad! It is really nice that you have so many photos to remember him and your adventures together.

Michelle said...

I'm so sorry! I had to say goodbye to my George Catstanza in June and it really did affect me more than I thought it would. I remember reading your posts traveling with him across Canada and thought it was so awesome. He was family. Hug!

sarah said...

Awww... Mr. Stoopy!! I am so sorry for your loss, sweetie. You had your friend for many years and he must have known how much you love him. I loved reading your trip across Canada and how he rode in the car with you. THAT is a special cat.

Nadia said...

From one pet lover to another, I'm so sorry for you loss. RIP Mr. Stoopy.

Angela Power said...

Aw Jaime, I'm so sorry for your loss. That's so so tough :-( {{Big giant hugs from across the country}}

Andy said...

So sorry to hear that Jaime!! He sounds like an awesome little dude. It sounds like he had a wonderful life with you, and I bet anything he knew how loved he was. xoxo

JavaChick said...

Oh Jaime! I'm so sorry! You have my condolences. :(

Tarilyn said...

So very sorry Jaime! I'm a cat Momma too, and I know how special our fur babies are. Big hugs to you. A beautiful post for Mr.Stoopy. Xoxo

marie said...

Oh no! Mr. Cat!!!!

Although I was quite scared of him while he stayed in my apartment, I did enjoy him while he was here (even though he hid most of the time).

Now that I have mostly overcome my fear and now share space with a big furball, I can't imagine how much you'll miss him!

xo

Wendy said...

Sorry for your loss.

Kinder said...

Aww. So sorry you have to say goodbye to such a great friend. xx