Thursday, February 24, 2011

Fresh Bread

Foodwise, it was an odd day.

Last night my kitchen looked like a bomb had gone off.  That’s what happens when you decide to make fresh focaccia at dinner time, then proceed to get sidetracked on the internet and not do your dishes. :)  I couldn’t face the counters and opted not to prep coffee for the morning.

When I got up I got straight to work and about an hour later I realized the headache that was forming was due to lack of coffeeeeeee.  It wouldn’t brew fast enough!!

Another hour later after revelling in the joy of my coffee cup I realized I hadn’t eaten.  WTH?  Who doesn’t remember to eat?!  Since breakfast time had passed, I jumped right to lunch!  You know it involved some of that deliciously soft focaccia.

IMG_7232

Hello panini!  Mozza, tomatoes, Black Forest ham, dijon, and Italian seasoning. 

IMG_7236

Grilled up on the Griddler until melty inside and crispy outside.

IMG_7242

So deeelish.  Served with veggie stix and Lemon Dilly dip.

IMG_7239

A little mid-afternoon fruit.

IMG_7248

And late afternoon pick-me-up.

IMG_7250IMG_7251

After work and two load of laundry it was time for dinner.  Finally, a salad makes an appearance!

IMG_7254

Topped off with leftovers of last night’s Balsamic Chicken & Mushrooms

IMG_7259IMG_7261

The saucy mushrooms make the meal!

A few more chores and a couple of glorious uninterrupted hours of lazy time in front of the TV watching American Idol and doing my nails…and now I think we have time for popcorn.

IMG_7266

The wind is howling!

Pin It

No comments: