Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Pain in the Head

People.  I have a crazy headache that just won’t quit.

So yes, I’m sitting in front of the computer again.  LOL.  go me!

Admittedly I probably brought it on myself by not eating proper meals today.  For the first time in a very long time I missed both a real breakfast and totally forgot lunch.

I was on the run this morning for an appointment and a few errands, so breakfast ended up being the deeeelish latte you saw earlier and half of a Coconut Crack Cream Pie Larabar.  I only ate half thinking I’d go home and make lunch…oooops.

007

Work got away from me and then next thing I knew it was like 4pm, I was cranky, thirsty, had a headache and realized I was starving.

Instead of making a meal…thinking I’d make a big and lovely dinner…I broke into the strawberries I picked up this morning.  A pound of strawberries makes a meal right?  Yup, whole box…gone!  (good thing they were BOGO!)

001 - Copy

And a Choco-Cran-Almond Bar

007 - Copy

Finally around 6:30 I walked away from work for a bit and wandered around the kitchen.  I will admit that I was seriously considering driving to Wendy’s for chicken strips.  That’s when bad choices occur…when I’ve screwed up my daily eats.  But you will all be glad to know that I was a good girl and made a comfort food sammich instead. 

Bacon and tomato with a little herby cream cheese on ww bread. B&T are my fave!!

011 010

And broke into some fresh pea pods to snack on after my sammich.

020

More work ensued for a short period of time, and then FH went out for a bit so I took the opportunity to steal the couch and cozy up to watch So You Think You Can Dance and Big Brother.  (Yes, I realize I spend a lot of time talking about TV on here…but you all secretly love it I know!)

While watching I finally got myself some of that yummy ice cream I was talking about the other night.  Amazingly I stuck to one serving of Hoof Prints…gotta love those little PB cups!

014

It was right around that time that I realized I didn’t do any activity today.  ooops.  Well, my back thanked me for it and feels much better so tomorrow I’ll get back on track.  See…new Planner!

015

And now, here it is midnight yet again and I’m still awake.  Time for some more Sookie and Tylenol and hopefully a solid night’s sleep.  (Last night insomnia struck yet again…this is getting old!)

Oh, and last but certainly not least, a shout out to my Haliblogger superstar gal pal Angie!  She was on the news tonight and was absolutely lovely and inspiring.  :)

Pin It

7 comments:

Katy said...

I HATE to say this...but Starbucks gives me a killer migraine E-V-E-R-Y T-I-M-E. I am thinking it is something that they add into their drinks to make them so tasty that messes with my system. But sometimes it is so worth it.

Anonymous said...

I've never had a Pumpkin Spice latte but I'm SO getting one next time I'm in the city, sounds aweseome!

Boo to the migraine though :(

Eating a whole box of berries sounds like something that I would do. Yummy meal, hehe!

Angela Power said...

Ooooooooh we are entering "pumpkin spice" season again!!!!!! wooohoooooo!!!

You came out on top vs that horrible headache! Great friggin job!

Thanks for the shout out dahlin'! ;-)

JavaChick said...

Hope you're feeling better today!

And I totally a TV junkie, so yeah, I like hearing what you're watching. :)

Anonymous said...

That sandwich looks so good! I am currently craving bacon . . .

Jen said...

I think you are amazing for making your own eats instead of going out!! I would have totally caved...

I AM, however, going to steal your idea and make a B&T this weekend...YUM!!!!

I also am going to go to starbucks because I haven't had one in WEEKS!!!!

Lex said...

Mmmm that sammich looks delish!! I love b L t's but even without the L you can't go wron with B & T! Hehe

Hope your migrane disappears soon!!!