Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Did you get your Pumpkin Spice Latte yet?

Proof that social media does indeed influence purchasing decisions…

While out running errands today I added “stop at Starbucks for a Pumpkin Spice Latte” to my list because I had at least ten Twitter or Facebook updates shouting at me about them this morning.

001

Just yesterday we were all complaining that Summer seems to be ending and we aren’t pleased about it happening so early, but today we are hit over the head with Pumpkin Spice ads/tweets/emails/posters and a herd of us hurried right to the shops for a hit of tasty Autumn goodness.

LOL.

I will say though, that if I’m going to be influenced to buy something, I’m glad it was a yummy caffeinated beverage!!

Deeeeelish.

004 005

Pin It

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I needs me some pumpkin spice latte!

Unknown said...

This is my favorite time of year.....and that DOES have to do with the sbux fall/winter line....

Peppermint mocha, gingerbread Latte...pumpkin spice...oh my!

Jen said...

MMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!

And because of your influence, I will be going out to get one this weekend!!!!

OOOOH and Cat just made me excited for winter - gingerbread latte *drool* and *sigh* the egg nog latte....oh dear!

Kim said...

My favorite season: pumpkin season at Starbucks! kidding... sort of.

Amber said...

I didn't see the tweets or get the message until AFTER I'd already bought my skinny vanilla latte. Boo :-(

Anonymous said...

I am an hour away from a Bucks, but if I hit the city this weekend, it is a must have.

HealthySDLiving said...

I've never had one of these, they sounds delicious!

Jaime said...

To healthy it up, may I recommend ordering it non-fat, without whip, and half sweet. I actually order an extra shot of espresso too, because I like to actually taste the coffee. :)

Sooo...in SB speak that is: "Triple Grande Non Fat, Half Sweet, No Whip, Pumpkin Spice Latte"

I think. hahaha.

Lex said...

ok THANK you for the sbux cliffs notes for the pumpkin spice healthy version!
I am going to put that into my BlackBerry and order it properly the next time I go!

You rock!!!

Lauren @ Dragonflies Journey said...

I love this!! Starbucks is always a welcomed treat for me. I find it downright decadent. This coming from a financially struggling student teacher/graduate students. I commend you on your fabulous option!

Becki said...

haha i totally ment to send you a tweet this weekend telling you to get ready new promo at starbucks today.. i got busy though, and wasnt online..
but i guess you figured it out..haha

well...get READY! there's some HUGE starbucks stuff coming on sept 29th!

either way, SOO close with the starbucks speek! just put the half sweet before the non-fat! :)

except it doesnt really matter.
you are pretty damn good with the starbucks speek lady. i'm hiring at my store. wanna come work for me? :)

Paige@ Running Around Normal said...

I looove the Pumpkin Spce latte, but refuse to get it until summer is officially over! hehe

Miz said...

**whispers** hope youre feeling better today.