Monday, August 03, 2009

Random Banana

I started out pouting that I didn’t get a long weekend but honestly I got soooo much accomplished today that I’m glad I was working.  I got a HUGE project off my desk, plus managed to get about 3/4 of my month end done.  On top of that I completed the laundry, baked some treats, and vacuumed the whole house.  Yes, I am totally patting myself on the back.  :)

The pets have all been good today.  Only one more hissing fit from the cats and a couple of false alarms from the dog…she’d whine to go out but then sit on the stairs and stare at me.  Guess she’s still getting use to us…poor girl.

Lunch today was easy. Leftover salad from last night.  Served with a bagel broiled with some marble cheddar.

IMG_3241IMG_3239 IMG_3240 

This, combined with my hearty scone-filled breakfast, kept me full all day.  Didn’t even consider an afternoon snack, and by the time dinner rolled around I still wasn’t hungry.  FH had taken care of his own meal, so I decided just to keep it light for myself.

One hard boiled egg left so I turned it into egg salad.  I already had bready goodness twice today so opted to roll the mix up in a couple of romaine leaves instead.  Not too terribly filling but just what I needed.

IMG_3254 IMG_3255

Crispy and refreshing!

Between work and dinner I decided to do a bit of baking.  I had purchased all of the ingredients for these treats over the weekend, but it was so hot there was no way I was turning the oven on.  Today is cooler so I decided today was the day.

Whoopie Pies from Rachel Ray magazine.  I taste tested half of one straight off the cooling rack.  Home run!  Deeeeelish.  (Recipe post to come tomorrow morning.)

IMG_3257

And now I’m off to make a bowl of sliced bananas and milk (my favorite evening snack as a kid…of course back then I would load the sugar on so thick it would be a grainy paste at the bottom of the bowl!).  FH brought me a random banana from the grocery store today so I think it needs a lovely home in my tummy.  :)

Oh, I guess I should come clean and mention that I didn’t do yoga or go for a walk/run today.  Bad girl!

Pin It

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Lunch looked delish. I love a bagel with toasted cheese. Or anything for that matter with toasted cheese.
Your egg salad wraps remind me when I put egg salad on cucumber slices instead of bread, yummy.

Heather said...

I couldn't tell you the last time I had banana and milk but I couldn't stop thinking about it after reading your post yesterday so I had some for a snack after my work out. So good! Will definitely be a repeat snack for me so thanks for the idea!