Monday, August 03, 2009

Off to a Good Start

Well, pretty good…except the part where I had to get up at 5am to separate the hissing cats…oh and the other part where I had to get up again at 7am to let the dog out.  Thanks a lot FH for taking care of the pets YOU agreed to take care of!  *grumble grumble*

The good part is that I got to bed at a reasonable time last night and slept like a log until the 5am wake-up call.  Because of that solid sleep I was able to get up and get straight to work with lots of energy and motivation this morning.

Started with some pre-brewed coffee (I will NEVER EVER own a coffee maker without a timer!)…

001

Got lots of weekend inbox things cleaned out, plus got another load of laundry done before cup number two…

003

Accomplished another Monday morning project and even had time for some blog reading before heading downstairs for a late breakfast.  Blueberry Scone Parfait!

004  

In the bowl:  layers of Liberte Svelt vanilla yogurt, fresh blueberries, sliced banana, and a broken up blueberry scone.  Topped with a few fresh raspberries.

006

All mushed up.  It was like a squishy bread pudding!  Filling and deeeelish.

008

The weather has turned south so I’m not sure about the walk/run I had considered doing today.  Boooo.  We shall see how the day plays out.  My gym is closed for the holiday so maybe some yoga will make it’s way into the plan.  Who knows!  :)

Pin It

3 comments:

OldGoogleAccount said...

I love your "breaking up food" thing. So simple but I'd never thought of if. Recently when I was travelling, I wanted some fibre and crunch for my morning yogurt and fruit but I didn't want to buy granola or cereal and have to cart it home at the end of my trip. So I used this idea and I bought three organic high fibre, low sugar oatmeal cookies and crumbled one into my breakfast each morning. Worked like a charm!

Jaime said...

Thanks Tamara. I don't know where I got the idea but I do it all the time now. I even did it while I was at the cottage last weekend. The oat bars I took were AWESOME crumbled into yogurt.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you'll be glad when the pet sitting is over. ;)

That parfait looks awesome, great idea!