Monday, June 22, 2009

Early Morning Accomplishment

So I was up at the crack of dawn today…driving FH to work and taking my tired bum to the gym.  Even after a 5km walk yesterday I felt like a total slacker for not getting to the gym to work off all those Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies I ate.  (FYI: they are all gone, and FH isn’t to blame!)  But I got to the gym and it wasn’t open!  A couple of trainers and the cleaning lady were standing outside…apparently someone forgot to show up for work today! 

Bummer.

I came home figuring on getting some work done then heading back, but had a look around my pigsty of an office (I’m ridiculously organized everywhere else…why not my office?!) and started cleaning.  Looks fab now, but so much for the gym!  I’ll be heading there after work instead.

Before:

003  005 007006  008 004

After:

029025026 028  

7 pairs of shoes for charity, plus my old leather jacket (goodbye size 14!).

023 024

In between working and puttering I had a quick breakfast.  Started with Candy Cane Lane tea (who says minty goodness is only for Christmas!?), then served up a dish of fruit salad with some new yogurt, topped with almonds and walnuts.  Stonyfield Farms organic vanilla yogurt.

002009

In the fruit salad: blackberries, raspberries, apricot, peach & nectarine

010

By the time I’d finished carting junk out of my office to where it all belongs, and squeezed in a reasonable amount of work, I was hungry again.  I had leftover chicken tenders from last night’s pizza, so I chopped them up and made chicken salad.  Deeeeeeelish.

015 016  

In the mix: seasoned chicken, green onions, chopped pickles, grainy dijon, light mayo.

Served on a piece of whole wheat bread with mixed “sassy” greens and matchstick carrots.  A few strawberry tomatoes alongside…and a dish of grapes and strawberries.

018

Just a while ago I played with my food…organic animal crackers for a snack.  Rawr.  Now off to finish work for the day so I can get to the gym at a reasonable time. 

020

This post just took over two hours to put together…so.many.interruptions.

Pin It

4 comments:

Julie said...

Looks like you got much accomplished today.

May I suggest a charity for your unwanted shoes?? Julie's foundation. She'll even pay you for them if they are her size. LOL!!

Vanessa (Last Night's Leftovers) said...

Someone was a busy girl today! Way to go :D

Lex said...

Holy moly NICE work on the room!!!! You definitely were a busy bee today!

Angela Power said...

Wanna come and do that to my hurricane of a house right now? No better yet, come on over to the new place and help unpack! :-D lol