Sunday, June 21, 2009

Pizza Sunday – My Turn!

I give you: Chicken Ranch Pizza

016

chicken tenders (approx 4-5, pan seared just until cooked, seasoned with Montreal steak spice, chopped when cool)

caramelized onion

baby spinach (I only had about 2 cups left, 3 would have been better) (wilted lightly in the onion pan)

chopped tomato

1 cup shredded mozza

1/4 cup parmesan

Ranch dressing

seasoning to taste

Jenna’s Pizza Dough 

014

I had a ball of dough in the freezer so I pulled it out and let it thaw and rise in a metal bowl sprayed with a bit of Pam.  When I was ready to cook, I just rolled it out on a floured counter and then laid it out on a greased baking sheet.  Brushed it with a bit of EVOO, then lightly sprinkled with Italian seasoning and garlic powder.  Baked it for about 8 minutes at 375 to get it going.

I had already cooked the chicken, so chopped it up while I caramelized the onions, chopped the tomatoes, and got the cheese, spinach and dressing ready.

Liberally brushed the partially cooked crust with Ranch dressing, topped it with the wilted spinach, then the onions, chicken, tomatoes, and both cheeses.

015

Baked for another 8 minutes, then 2 minutes under the broiler.

Et voila!  (served with simple salad…of course!)

019017018

I love it when random ideas work out.  Deeeeelish!

Pin It

6 comments:

Vanessa (Last Night's Leftovers) said...

That looks FANTASTIC!

H-woman said...

Mmmmm!

Anonymous said...

Yum! You always have such great pizza ideas. :)

Julie said...

I am trying that one out for sure.
It looks soooo good!! (and simple which is important!)

Angela Power said...

Genius.Shear.Genius :-) *drooool*

Kinder said...

oh my god! I am making that pizza - it looks so good!