Sunday, June 21, 2009

Motivator!

Man, this week has been just incredible for the shout outs back to me for offering motivation to other bloggers and readers out there.  You guys are fabulous for making me feel like I’m not just writing to myself.  Your support and encouragement is much appreciated.

Welcome Tarilyn to the blogosphere.  She commented to me a couple of times and I mentioned she should get blogging…and she did!  Visit her new blog at:  Sweating my way into a Bikini and show her some love!

Thanks to Vanessa at Last Night’s Leftovers for acknowleging that my choices of delayed gratification are working out.  I wasn’t truly cognisent of the idea, but she’s right.  I often plan ahead for treats, or create challenges for myself in order to achieve healthy balance.  This week it was not giving in to coffee (although I really wanted to!) and in the end my planned and anticipated mug of joe was just that much better.  :)

Thank you also to my girl Cat for taking something I said in Toronto and carrying it home with her.  It’s totally true that I often work out or eat salad so that I can earn my more decadent meals.  “Embracing Balance” truly came about from my theory that an apple a day can lead to a cupcake a week!  I’m not giving up my indulgences dammit…so if I have to go to the gym for an extra half hour so be it.  :)  If that concept can help Cat (or any of you!) in her journey, then I’m over the moon with excitement. :)

 

Speaking of this…knowing we were going on our 5km walk this morning, I decided last night was a good time to bake something delicious and decadent as our little rewards.  It’s not often anymore I bake regular cookies (as opposed to trail mix or oatmeal or flax!) so here we have Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies complete with sugar, butter and egg

IMG_1705 

Makes 2 dozen

1/2 cup butter or margarine

1/2 cup brown sugar

1/4 cup white sugar

1 egg

1 tbsp milk

1 tsp vanilla

1 cup flour

1/2 tsp baking soda

1/4 tsp salt

1 heaping cup oats

1 heaping cup chocolate chips (I use milk chocolate, yum!)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Cream butter and sugars.  Add egg, milk & vanilla…cream until smooth.  Mix flour, soda & salt.  Slowly mix into wet mixture.  Add oats and combine.  Add chocolate chips and combine.  Drop by heaping teaspoonful onto non stick baking sheets.  Bake 10-12 minutes (until bottom edges look golden).  Cool for 5 minutes, transfer to wire rack to complete cooling.

Enjoy!

IMG_1706

Pin It

1 comment:

Vanessa (Last Night's Leftovers) said...

You deserve every single shout out you get! You're awesome, lady.