Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Wolverine!

Excuse me...let me just go pick my jaw up off the floor. Holy moly people...have you seen Hugh Jackman lately? Excellent action flick by the way...totally worth the price of admission if you are in the mood for some crazy fighting, big explosions, and angry men.

Working backwards from the movie....

I didn't buy any treats at the theatre!! Wooooo. My friend had a pack of Twizzlers, but I only had three and for me that is awesome. Usually I would eat the whole bag and hope no one wanted to share. I'm soooo off candy right now...hopefully I can keep that going, but I do have a flight across Canada on Saturday so that is a bit of a danger zone.

DSCN0187

The key to not wanting a treat was the late dinner I had before the late show. I met a girlfriend at Jack Astor's where we were planning to share a few appies. She'd ended up having dinner with her hubby and wasn't too hungry so instead we decided to share the appy chicken quesadilla and I just got a small house salad to go with my half. Perfect little meal and since I'd thought I was going to have a more calorie laden feast I opted to have real Ranch dressing on my salad instead of the boring vinagrette. My fave.

DSCN0192DSCN0191

Instead of boozy drinks I started with a pineapple juice with soda, but when my friend ordered her second bevvie I wanted something more fun so I ordered a Astor Blastor....haha...I think that might for kids...but it was really good!!! Bright pink and fruity, with coconut milk. :)

DSCN0189

DSCN0194DSCN0193

Before heading out for the eats I made sure to hit the gym to work out some of the stiffness that had started to set in from yoga yesterday. I guess I spoke to soon in this morning's post because my lower back was starting to ache a bit.

Treadmill: 2 minute warmup, 18 minute run, 5 minute cooldown = 230 cals, 1.7 miles, 25 minutes

Quick lower body workout: I was super pressed for time.

- 2 sets x 15 reps: ball squats with 15 lb bar, stationary lunges holding 2 x 8 lb weights (each leg), hamstring curls on the ball

Before the gym, I raided our cereal cupboard for a half serving of DSCN0173Organic Daybreak with light vanilla soy milk topped with a few Cinnamon Puffins. Our cereal cupboard is really full and I'm dying to break into one of these new boxes but promised myself I'd eat up the open stuff first.

DSCN0174

DSCN0172

DSCN0171

And last but not least, lunch. I had to eat while sitting through the weekly conference call. I opted for leftover homemade cauliflower & cheese soup, with a side plate of Kashi honey sesame crackers & White Chocolate Wonderful PB.

So now, due to the late movie I'm up way past my bedtime yet again. I will be aiming to get my arse out of bed when the alarm goes off. Wish me luck!!

Pin It

10 comments:

Julie said...

I love Jack Astors!!! Everytime I go to Hali I always have a stop at my fav restaurant. Those drinks look so good!

Marisa @Loser for Life said...

You did a great job at the movies and at dinner! Way to hit up the gym first, too!

Your soup looks yummy!

Lex said...

Mmm love jack astors.. their lobster & crab dip is soo good

for drinks - I always get the lemonade...sooo tasty and refreshing, and they even stick 1/2 a lemon in the drink!

Shirls said...

nice work at the movies!! I want to see me some Hugh ;0)

I have been sneaking in my own snacks lately, hee hee...

JavaChick said...

I *heart* Hugh Jackman. Haven't seen Wolverine yet, but I want to.

I also love the Kashi Honey Almond Flax - it's my fave of the Kashi cereals I've tried so far.

Angela Power said...

I saw the movie on Saturday and it was great!

I also bought that Kashi Honey Almond cereal at Sobeys after our hot yoga on Tuesday and it's great I love it! lol

Fun times at Jack's!

Angela Power said...

RYC: Meeeee toooo! They feel bruised! lol

Jen said...

I liked the movie too!!! Hugh Jackman is great and all (did you see his trap muscles??? He showed those a lot!!! Lots of hunching forward to show how ripped he was - oops side track!) but I wanted to see more of Ryan Reynolds!!! And speaking of him, did you stay past the credits to see that he was alive??? They are making another movie with him in it "Deadpool" - as long as they open his mouth and make him look like his normal self, it would all be good!!!

Anyway, I completely lost track of everything else I was saying...dinner looks fab and WAY TO GO!!!!!! for avoiding the candy!!!! I can DEFINITELY eat a whole bag of twizzlers to myself (and often do at the theater!!!) you friggin rock!!!

Roxy said...

OH man, i love movie theater popcorn- you did awesome!

Lady J said...

I just love that pic of you drinking your Astor Blastor... you look just like an excited little kid!! ;o))

Told ya Wolverine was great....