Friday, May 01, 2009

Product Review - Peanut Butter & Co.

I know, TWO product reviews in TWO days. You are amazed, aren't you?!!

With all of the nut butters that have taken over the food blog world lately (have you seen all of the lucky gals that have received Artisana sample packs? pick me!!), I feel a little silly talking about something as simple as peanut butter...but I promise you it's FANCY peanut butter!

I have seen talk about Peanut Butter & Co.'s fun peanut butter products all over the internet in the last six months or so, but honestly never even looked for it here because we never seem to get these good things in Canada. Silly border! But when Angie mentioned she'd found this brand last week, I immediately went running out to get some (seriously people, within 24 hours I was on the hunt).

Lucky Angie got herself the Cinnamon Raisin version...which I am DYING to try (two stores sold out!) so I opted for the White Chocolate Wonderful.


From their website: Our all-natural peanut butter blended with sweet white chocolate. More than just a sandwich spread, it is fantastic on fruit, spooned over ice cream, when used as an ingredient in baked goods, or simply eaten out of the jar! It contains no cholesterol, no trans- fats, no hydrogenated oils, and no high-fructose corn syrup. It is also gluten-free, vegan, and certified kosher pareve by the Orthodox Union. The shelf life is 6 months after opening, if stored in a cool, dry place.


NO STIR!! It's amazing. You open this stuff up and there is no oil on top, it's smooth, thick and creamy. SHELF LIFE! You don't have to keep it in the fridge. It's always soft and ready to go. I love the density. Thick enough to hold up to any situation, but soft enough not to tear your bread apart while spreading.

The flavor is light and tasty. Nice peanuty taste with a sweet kick. The white chocolate isn't overpowering at all. In fact, I would have a hard time pinning down that flavor...I would just guess it was sweetened if I didn't know it was specifically white chocolate. I almost always drizzle my pb with honey so this is an excellent alternative.

So far I've tried it straight up (must have an initial taste test, right?), on crusty bread, on toast, on a banana, and as an apple dip. All were tasty and left me wanting more. I so want to bake with this!

I can't wait to find that Cinnamon Raisin Swirl though...it will be in big trouble around me!! Other flavors I saw on the shelf were Dark Chocolate Dreams, The Bee's Knees (honey!), and Mighty Maple. Oh, incidentally...they carry regular and crunchy peanut butter too. :) Their website also lists something called The Heat is On...pb with fiery spices. Oooooooh!

Let's keep these fun things coming over to Canada folks! Pin It

9 comments:

tash said...

Drool . . .

Marisa @Loser for Life said...

That sounds so amazing! It may be a very bad thing to have that in my house! Don't think it would last too long:)

Jen said...

I second that drool...I just had to go and search it out on EBAY because I was drooling so badly!!!

I MUST try this! Thanks Jaime!

Pheonix said...

OK seriously... I'm from canada... where does one find this stuff?!?!?!? :)

Jaime said...

Krista, we got it at Pete's Frootique which is a Halifax high-end grocery store. You might be able to get it at Planet O or similar type stores in Van.

Anonymous said...

YUM!

Sarah said...

I actually found some at Walmart Superstore! The dark chocolate one is pure heaven on hot oatmeal!

farm girl. said...

I'll get hubs to check the shelves daily for you - he can pick up a bottle of cinnamon raisin when it's in...

JocelynMarie said...

The closest option for me is Mississauga and thats like 45 minutes away...so boo to that! I'd really like to try this stuff!