Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Hatha #2

Yesterday afternoon I had to go to the clinic for my second Twinrix shot (grrr....$20 friggin to stab me in the arm) so I took my gym gear with me since the clinic is right next to my gym. I was surprised at how busy it was for 4:30 on a Tuesday. I'm not sure why I expected it to be quiet...I guess just because it seemed like earlier to me. Anyway, there were a few open treadmills and that's all that really mattered to me.

I did a quick 5 minute walking warmup, then started running...did about 7 minutes to start then switched to intervals. Slowly but surely I'm building my stamina. This time I started to get a stitch in my side, but otherwise the rest of my body seemed to be handling it just fine. Finished up the intervals at 20 minutes and slightly cooled down for 3 minutes.

Then I grabbed a mat and headed over to the mirrors where I did one full set of Eurydice's bum exercises. Thanks girl! They were great...just difficult enough to know they are working. I think next time I will start doing three sets. I also did three sets of different crunches and some tricep pulldowns. A little less than I had planned but due to the wait at the clinic I had to cut the gym short to get home and finish up work for the day.

Before bed last night I tried Hatha #2 from yogadownload.com. It was OK, but I definitely liked Hatha #1 better. I can't put my finger on what it was...especially since most of it was the same...but something just wasn't as nice as #1 was the night before. I am happily building my little downloaded yoga library though. Tonight I hope to surf through and buy a couple of longer practices...and I think I'll try a power yoga session again.

Wednesdays are conference call days, so no sneaking off early for a gym trip...so we shall see how work goes along before deciding on the workout for today. I'm aiming for at least a treadmill run, but I'd like to get another session of strength in since we are due for a snowstorm tomorrow and chances are I won't bother heading out to the gym in shitty weather.

Today's menu:

- coffeeeee with brown sugar & skim
- Oatmeal Raisin Bar
- fruit salad (apple, clementines, kiwi, banana, blueberries) with remainder of Liberte Svelt vanilla yogurt (didn't eat it yesterday) and wheat berries
- small ww tortilla with almond butter
- dinner from freezer: either Butternut Sausage Pasta or chili...with spinach salad (baby spinach, tomatoes, red onions, shredded carrots, part skim mozza, "goddess" dressing)
- tea and oatmeal raisin bar Pin It

3 comments:

eurydice said...

no problem! :) i like hatha #1 better than #2 because there are more down dogs and forward bends... i am really into hamstring stretches. i don't really want to bend my back in weird ways.

Jaime said...

Ya, I think that's totally it. :)

Jen said...

I always say this, but DAMN you are such a friggin rockstar!!! I would use the doctors as an excuse because I would say my arm would be sore or something...you are awesome!!!

I haven't tried Hatha 2, but I did try 1!!!