Thursday, February 19, 2009

Storm Watch

That's right. Here in Halifax we are due for yet another Winter storm today. Expecting it to start snowing around noon and the prediction is for 20+cm of the white stuff...PLUS...blowing freaking ice pellets and other fun things like that. This is not my impressed face.

Soooo....at least it's a good TV night....and I haven't had a Shred session with Jillian since the weekend so I think we'll meet up for a sweat and I can follow that with some more downloaded yoga. I didn't get a chance for yoga last night because I was fiddling with my new computer for a few hours after work (goodbye stupid Works, hello again Office!) and didn't even head to the gym until 8:00. So by the time I worked out, got home and ate dinner (at 9:45!) there was no time to properly digest for yoga before bed.

My workout last night consisted of a great run on the treadmill. Fast-paced 5 minute incline warmup, then my running/walking looked like this: 5 min run/1 min walk/4 min run/1 min walk/4 min run/1 min walk/1 min sprint/1 min run/1 min sprint/1 min walk. I wanted to keep going, but believe it or not there were people waiting for treadmills at 8:30pm on a Wednesday. The gym can be really busy at the oddest times! I then grabbed a mat and headed over to the mirrors where I did another set of Eurydice's bum exercises, three sets of different crunches, and one set of deadlifts (thanks Randi for mentioning those...I would never have thought of them!). I totally need to work on my form, but I think I had the right idea.

By the time I finished at the gym and grocery store it was really late and I was honestly considering stopping for fast food on the way home, but I talked myself out of it right away because I've been having a good week and didn't want that rock of grease sitting in my tummy overnight. ewwwww. So instead I made my fabulous salad and had it with egg salad on half of a fresh ciabatta bun (both of my freezer options were still frozen solid). I was soooo proud of myself!

Miss Jen! I want to thank you for your fabulous comments. You always tell me how hard I rock just when I need it. Most of the time I feel like I'm not really giving it my all, but you show me that you see me differently and that makes me feel great. Thank you for that!!

I haven't been tracking or writing down my activities or anything anywhere other than my blog this week and I think it is working well for me. I usually try to make notes on my calendar about what activity I did and whether I was OP or not...and then if I have blank spots or cross things out it makes me feel like I failed. So, unwittingly this week I haven't been doing that and funny enough I have been pretty much exactly OP and I've gotten some form of a workout in every day. Interesting. Go me!

Today's menu....

- coffeeeeeeeee w/ brown sugar & skim
- 1/2 ciabatta bun w/ natural PB & 1/2 sliced banana
- fruit salad w/ 100 cal cottage cheese cup (strawberry)
- baked rice chips, cauliflower & lemon dill hummus
- chili from freezer (it's thawed now!), tossed salad with ranch & salsa and some of those little tortilla strip salad toppers
- tea and a new baked treat (if I have time to bake...seems like the thing to do during a snow storm...either scones, banana muffins or a variation on Tina's Oatmeal Bars) Pin It

7 comments:

Randi said...

yeah, form for deadlifts is tricky, because there's a lot of different ways to do it. I have really flexible hamstrings so need to do it with almost locked knees to feel anything. However that's not "technically" good (never good to lock knees right?). I like the straight legged ones best. Remember to keep your back flat and abs engaged and as long as you feel something it's good enough.
those groundhogs were right about winter huh? hope the storm is a mild one.

Marissa said...

Wow! You sure have been hit with a lot of snow...makes me feel silly for being so excited about the few flurries we've had here.

Way to go on not stopping for fast food!!

Lex said...

GREAT job not picking up food on the way home!!! Sometimes the 'easy' way is just tooooo easy but its so much more gratifying when you find that will power to fight the urge!!!

Ugh, I am just looking outside now and that damn snow has started...grr.. the drive home is going to be silly!

eurydice said...

wow another storm. i had no idea the weather out east was so terrible until reading your blog!

tash said...

Yay for avoiding the fast food! Boo for the storm! It better clear up by tomorrow night when I fly in!

Jaime said...

Eury: the locals tell me this is a particularly bad Winter...but that's what they said last year too!

Jen said...

Aw, you don't have to thank me!! You inspire me!

You guys have had some seriously bad weather....like ridiculous!! I hope it gets better for you soon!