Monday, February 16, 2009

Recipe - Oatmeal Raisin Bars a la CNC

Weekend baking is somewhat of a must for me....mainly at this time of year, and especially when FH is away. It's one of my favorite time-passers. Of course, with FH away I usually end up eating everything I bake so I try to be careful when choosing a recipe. It should be either healthy (ie: low point/calorie), freezer friendly, or make enough yumminess to share with the neighbors.

Last night I was looking for a banana oatmeal muffin recipe that I've seen on a blog recently, but I can't remember which blog it was (do any of you know?). During the search I happened upon Tina's current featured recipe over at Carrots 'n' Cake...Oatmeal Raisin Bars. Since it was getting late and I wanted to get baking, and since I had all of the ingredients on hand I decided to give them a go. Yummmm.

These were super quick and easy to make. Required very basic ingredients and came together in no time. The hardest part was waiting for them to cool suffiently so I could get them out of the pan and give them a try. (They need to be quite cool so they don't crumble apart.) These bars are dense and chewy with just a bit of a crusty edge....quite like a good granola or cereal bar. Tina recommends cutting into nine squares, so they are a decent size....filling like 2 or more cookies would be. I totally recommend giving these a try. In the future I think I'll try using this same recipe to make a trail mix granola-type bar.....yummmmm....can you just imagine pumpkin seeds or nuts or other dried fruits? Pin It

2 comments:

Lex said...

Yummmers! Those sound delish!
If you find that banana oatmeal recipe post that one for sure!! :)

eurydice said...

i always want to try tina's baking!