Sunday, February 15, 2009

Bikinis

Let me just say this....no matter how much weight I've lost, or how hard I work out, I still hate my ass. I've mentioned this before. It was actually nicer when I carried more weight back there...at least then it had shape! Now my bum is kinda flat...certainly not perky...and still doesn't look too hot in a bathing suit.

However, shopping for a bikini can certainly motivate a girl to get to her yoga class and to dig out those magazines she's been hoarding and start looking for the exercises that help tone and firm the buns and love handles.

I did find two bikinis at Aqua today. Thanks to the ladies that mentioned going there on my other blog....I found it before I read your comments. (Did you know that there isn't one place in all of MicMac Mall that sells bathing suits? Weird.) Tried on about ten different suits. Quickly learned that my bottom is a size larger than I had figured...booooo....but not as bad as it was the last time I bought a suit like four years ago. At least I like my top half!

Immediately left the torture chamber of the fitting room and headed straight home to make sure I was going to have time to get to that yoga class. No way I wasn't exercising off that waffle I ate this morning! :) I heart warm yoga...today's class was a different teacher... her practice was similar , but nicely challenging in a different way and just as stimulating as always. Good times.

Today's eats....

- Cora's bigass waffle with a mountain of fresh fruit, custard and a bit of whip cream
- coffee
- Starbucks tall 1/2 sweet non fat black tea latte (these are growing on me for sure!)
- last unfrozen serving of cabbage casserole, with extra steamed cabbage, carrots & cauliflower...and leftover of last night's "mexi" salad
- tea and baked treat...I'm thinking banana muffins of some variety Pin It

8 comments:

tash said...

I swear by Bikini Village - and I think there is one in the Halifax Shopping Centre now.

Tiffa said...

I have two things to say...

1) I love Cora's! The waffle with a mountain of fresh fruit is my favourite! And the closest one to me is an 8-hr drive away :(

2) I tried to go bathing suit shoppping this weekend too... was not as successful. Boo.

Angela Power said...

Yup Bikini Village all the way at the Hfx Shopping Centre!

Lex said...

There is that swim place in HFX shopping center but I find it wayy more pricier than Aqua. I don't know why but I really love the Aqua suits.

Ok, second of all: MmmmmMmMMmmmm coras!! We went there for our Valentines Breakfast, and I got my Eggs Bennie as usual. So freaking GOOD!!

Jen said...

hm...once again, not into bathing suit shopping...but did you check out any boy shorts?? I always find that my booty looks best in boy shorts (underwear at least!)

MMMM those waffles sound fantastic!!!

ElleBee said...

Glad you found a few to your liking! ;) With all this cold weather bet ya can't wait to be on that beach!

I need to get back to another warm yoga class!

JavaChick said...

I love those Cora's Waffles...

Randi said...

I had the same butt problem (still do sometimes). The thing that helps perk it up the most? Deadlifts. I'm not sure it's my hamstrings or butt that's doing the changing, but having a distinct separation between the 2 has CERTAINLY helped!