Monday, February 16, 2009

Hamstrings

As seems to be the new norm, my hamstrings are killing me after my great warm yoga workout yesterday. I don't know if it's because I'm tall, or just my inflexibility, or something else...but my hamstrings are always super tight the next day. It's the good kind of hurt...love it. :)

Not sure what my activity will be today. After work I'm heading back to the doctor to have a plantar's wart frozen off the bottom of my foot so I'm guessing it might be a little too tender for treadmill running. We shall see. Maybe I'll ride the bike if that would be better for my foot and I will definitely do some stretching and maybe another beginner session from yogadownload.com. I've tried all three of my initial downloads and I am ready to try some more.

While out at the doctor I will be in the neighborhood of Pete's Frootique again, so I think I will pick up a couple of things. My shopping list is pretty short this week (due to a bit of an overshop last week...typical of me!) but I do need a few things so it will be fun to shop around in there again. Next week, when FH gets home, I'm sooooo going to check out the cheese department!

Today's menu:

- coffeeeeeeeee w/ skim & brown sugar
- one of Tina's Oatmeal Raisin Bars
- kiwi
- small ww tortilla w/ light cheddar, tomatoes, green onions, spinach....grilled on the Griddler...served with leftover steamed veggies from last night
- 100 cal cottage cheese cup (pineapple)
- bigass spinach salad (baby spinach, tomatoes, mushrooms, red onions, 1/2 hard boiled egg, sprinkle of real bacon bits, part skim mozza, "goddess" dressing)
- tea and another Oatmeal Raisin Bar
- (possibly leftover Smart Pop...I indulged in a 1/2 bag last night) Pin It

6 comments:

Lex said...

Ugh, I remember getting a wart burned of my foot when I was a kid. *shudders*

I know that 'good' kind of hurt you're talking about.. I feel it in my @ss today from yesterdays P90x workout. It sucks sitting down and getting up, but I am glad my butt got it's workout!!

Cat said...

Your day looks so healthy!

I love that sore feeling. I'm for sure going to try Shred tonight...if my poor ankles can handle it!

Hey - How did your new blond hair work out! You had mentioned a while ago that you were excited to go blond again!?

Jaime said...

Oh, haven't done the highlights yet. I have an appointment on March 2nd. I wanted them to be all fresh for our trip. :)

Roxy said...

YAY for FH coming home soon!

Jen said...

That sucks that you guys don't get a day off!!!

I always get super tight hamstrings, to me that is the sign of a good workout ;p

Have fun shopping! I LOVE grocery shopping when I am just looking for a few new things!!!

AND you just reminded me that I wanted to have a cheese night some night!!

Angela Power said...

I wanna hurt again too! I'm givin' it tomorrow!

Have fun at Pete's! I love that place...might have to take a trip there on Saturday downtown :-D