Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Meh

I'm sure you can all understand that I'm not much into writing out my menus...or even thinking about what I'm going to eat for the next few days. It's been a rough week...and yesterday was a terrible day. (see my other blog if you aren't sure what I'm talking about).

I didn't even think about food all day yesterday...not even coffee. I finally forced a bowl of Kashi into myself in the early afternoon because I didn't think it would be good for me to go into an emotional situation and then have some sort of blood sugar crash. Afterwards, my friend took me for coffee and cookies so I could try to shake off the tears and relax a bit.

I'll even admit that in the evening I put on my sneakers to go for a walk, but I just couldn't handle a walk without Mojo. Too sad just yet. So I ended up going to get McD's for dinner. Not the healthiest choice obviously but it filled the hunger hole and I had the points for it since I'd barely eaten all day.

I'm trying to be better today but cooking definitely isn't high on my agenda. I will try to stick to the healthy options in my fridge and maybe by this evening I'll feel like distracting myself with cooking. Facing the gym might be tough too, but I'll see how it goes. I'm fine one minute, then not the next, so it's tough to know how the day will play out.

Thanks for all of the warm comments on my other blog. I really appreciate all of the wonderful support. Pin It

9 comments:

marie said...

Take care of yourself, hun!

FatMom said...

Oh...I'm so sorry. Take the time you need to deal with your loss and everything else will begin to fall into place. When I'm in a similar situation, I try hard to remember the beautiful life we had together and that their life (and mine) was so much better for being together. Wishing you peace in your memories~

Cat said...

I'm so sorry about Mojo, Jaime. I know how upset you must be right now. Make sure to take lots of time to feel better ok? My thoughts are with you, and I know how hard this is......

Hang in there Jaime.

hugs

Jen said...

I am certain EVERYBODY understand why you aren't into "writing"...

I agree, take care of yourself...it's the best you can do right now!

Honestly, a little McD's never hurt anyone...at times like these, food choices aren't really a big deal!!! *big hugs*

Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you!!!

Healthy Pear said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your Mojo!
It will take time to heal from this but know that he's pain free now and in a better place.

Two months ago I had to say goodbye to my mom's german shepherd. It's still hard and I still miss him but at least he's not suffering from his illness anymore.

Take care of yourself!
Hugs!

Julie said...

I am sorry to hear about poor Mojo.
I know you believe he is in a better spot and you are right!
I do believe in doggy heaven with big sofas and huge milkbones!!

Hang in there and take care of you.
{{Huge Hugs}}

Carolyn said...

oh I wish you didn't have to go through this. I can't imagine how heartbreaking it must be. I'll be thinking about you!

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry Jaime...

Anonymous said...

oh hun. i just caught up on it all and i am so sorry. :( my thoughts are with you and I can only imagine how hard this must be.