Friday, July 25, 2008

Oink Oink

Why is that we can be so defiant sometimes? Yesterday I just kept playing the same tune in my head over and over...."I'm a big girl. I get to decide what I want. And today I decide that it's OK to "treat" myself." Who am I freaking kidding? I "treated" myself to death yesterday...and did nothing to earn the treats (except maybe the whole only 2 hours of sleep thing might have earned me something for being a loving girlfriend).

Just to lay it out on the table.... "Defiant Thursday" went something like this:
- large Tim's coffee (single, single)
- honey cruller
- coffee at home
- Liberte Svelt vanilla yogurt with blueberries (trying to make up for the donut)
- bowl of leftover ripple chips with onion dip (the dip was made with light sour cream but I ate at least three servings of it and probably four servings of the chips)
- bag of Mike n Ikes
- dinner started out OK....tuna sammich on BM bagel with mushroom soup made with skim milk....but I ate the whole can of soup and fell like ass afterwards.
- then the piece du resistance: DQ Blizzard. Medium. Smarties with extra Smarties.
- I know there was a couple of other things throughout the day that I'm just forgetting now too.

Remind me that I truly felt like a huge, oinky, lactose intolerant pig last night. (I'm not lactose intolerant that I know of but every time I indulge in ice cream in the evening I wind up with an upset stomach.)

Obviously today I'm trying to be less defiant. I guess it's good that I felt like shit when I went to bed because I woke up with a renewed sense of wanting to feel good.

So....today's plan is:

- OJ
- coffee
- Liberte Svelt vanilla yogurt with bananas and blueberries
- plum
- leftover tuna salad on crackers
- cukes & baby carrots with hummus
- other 1/2 of banana
- maybe a Fibre Source bar if I need it
- grilled pork loin chop with sauteed onions, some kind of spud, steamed brocolli
- grapes
- tea and Lifestyle Blueberry cookies (these are new!) if I'm so inclined

I haven't been to the gym since Monday, but I don't really have time today so I'll try to get out for a walk for sure.

Here's to not feeling like ass!

Update: I forgot we are going to the movies tonight (Batman!) so I will be bringing my trusty water bottle and maybe my grapes to the theatre with me. Go me! Pin It

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh well right. you are allowed 1 bad day, 2 if you want, just get back on track and you will be good to go. :)

Alli said...

I hope you wont feel like ass today. Seriously it happens to the best of us... good news is you have a plan for today. Just focus on how good you will feel after you stick to you plan today. Yesterday will melt into a distant memory.

Carolyn said...

Ugh. I've been there. It's hard to get out of that mindset once you're in it. The "I've worked so hard, I deserve a day off plan, I deserve to have a DQ blizzard every once in a while!" Well it IS true sometimes. You still have to live life right? You can't hide form DQ you're whole life. So I say, enjoy your DQ while it lasts and then get right back on that wagon. Be extra good the next few days to make up for it! And remember the feeling of ass when you reach for more Mike & Ike's!

RYC: If you really analyse the Wendi plan, it's just spreading out your Flex points throughout the week, which I have been doing. So when I say I have flex points to use tomorrow, I really mean that tomorrow is my high point day (40 points) on the Wendie Plan. To me it's like having 17 flex points for the day!

Jaime said...

Oh it wasn't the candy that made me feel like ass, it was the Blizzard. And I knew it would but I went for it anyway. Ugh.

Fatinah said...

you are so funny. I say go big or go home - if you're going to blow it - might as well get a blizzard out of the deal! HAHAHA

Enjoy the movie - it is AWESOME!!!

tash said...

It was only one day, and hey - you can only be perfect 90% of the time :)

Jaime said...

You guys are very sweet saying it's only one day.... but have you been reading my blog? LOL. It's been about 75% of the last month!