Monday, July 07, 2008

153.6

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!! Today the scale is my friend! Down 2.8lbs since Wednesday. Nice. Goes to show that even with a planned cheat day, the system can work. Yaaieee for Weight Watchers and Yaaieee for me for sticking to my plans. Can you say "holy sigh of relief Batgirl!"?

Oh, and you guys won't believe this, but last night while eating dinner DBF asked me if I'd like to go for a walk around the neighborhood. Oh. My. God. I couldn't believe it! So off we went for a stroll around the area (1.2km for my goal!)....first time he's gone with me since we moved in...SEVEN months ago! Yaaaieeee some more!!

Saturday's trip to Victoria Park in Truro was really beautiful. We didn't get as much exercise as Lynn and her hubby did (funny that we were there at the same time....never saw them though) because we had Mojo the crazy dog with us, and he's not so good with walking around in the scorching sun. We still got a good trail stroll in though. (see my other blog for the photos and such).

Today is back to normal...got up early to drive DBF to work, and hit the gym. 20+ minutes on the elliptical today...ramp interval program, with sprints on the low ramp sections. Then my full strength training routine with some added oblique exercises. Good and sweaty!

I treated myself to another Doubleshot on Ice from Starbucks....cuz it's starting to get hot already....gonna be 29 degrees today (which means about 40 in my office!!). Water and fruit are high on the agenda to keep me hydrated (after my caffeine fix of course).

Monday's Menu:

- SB Doubleshot on Ice
- vanilla Shreddies with vanilla Almond Breeze
- fresh pineapple & blackberries
- deli turkey on multigrain with veggies & honey mustard, served with Asian Slaw (I'm addicted!)
- cucumber sticks, baby carrots
- cherries (and maybe a granola bar if I need it)
- dinner is leftover steak on leftover garlic toast with sauteed onions & mushrooms, probably with more Asian slaw or maybe a corn on the cob
- Liberte vanilla yogurt with fresh blueberries & strawberries Pin It

7 comments:

ElleBee said...

Whoohoo, glad to hear you're back down to where you want to be!!

I was on the look out for you on Saturday, we wandered around tons of the trails up on top and stuff. Plus all around the brook and lower areas.

When Heather gets back to Hali, we have to organize a GTG w/ her and Angie for sure!

Unknown said...

YAY! Congrats on the loss! :D

Fatinah said...

I can say "holy freakin weight loss batman!"

What a great job!

Jen said...

CONGRATS ON THE LOSS!!!!! That is fantastic!!! It is truly amazing what a couple of good days can do for you!!!!

mmmm....you totally made me want a steak sandwich now!!! I know what I am putting on the menu for next week!!!!

Can you share what you put in your asian slaw??? Sounds good too!!!

Marissa said...

Congrats on the loss!!

Julie said...

Great loss!! You keep rocking!
I bet the park was nice.

Alli said...

WOOOO HOOOO LOSS!!!! You rock girlfriend. I am diggin that new haircut picture on your side bar... when did this occur? Am I just a loser for not noticing earlier or it is new??