Tuesday, July 08, 2008

On Track for Tuesday

It is so much easier to stay motivated when you've been on plan for a week. Love it! I wish I knew what it was that makes it this easy sometimes, and so damn hard at other times. I guess if we knew that none of us would be here!

Got up early and drove DBF to work and hit the gym. Cardio day - so I did a total of an hour. 20 minutes on the treadmill - hill training at varying speeds, then 20 minutes on the elliptical - interval program, then I tried for 10 minutes on the stairmaster but I set it too difficult so I only made it 5 minutes...LOL....but got in a full 10 minutes on the recumbant bike, then a bit of a cooldown. I really wanted to quit almost immediately after I got on the bike, but I toughed it through!

Last night I did a bunch of chores around the house so decided to treat myself to an ice cream from McD's. About double the points of the yogurt and fruit I had planned, but totally worth it and totally within the points for the day since I hadn't counted in my APs when I planned my menu. Yum!

I'm just thinking up my menu for today now....

- Starbucks Grande Vanilla Double Shot on Ice (I finally just looked up the NI, and even with whole milk these are only 100 cals!)
- Liberte muesli yogurt cup with fresh blueberries
- fresh pineapple
- PC BM multigrain & flax bagel with light Laughing Cow, deli turkey, honey mustard & veggies
- scoop of leftover Asian slaw
- cherries
- chunk of low-fat cheddar
- dinner is BBQ'd pork loin chop with mushrooms & onions, Splendido mushroom risotto, steamed brocolli & cauliflower
- grapes & maybe a Creamsicle (but I say that all the time and never have one) Pin It

9 comments:

carla said...

you so nailed it in that first paragraph.
Id often laugh with my clients when theyd ask me that precise question:

if I knew Id be on oprah's couch.

that which does not kill us....makes us stay on plan.

:)

MizFit

ElleBee said...

Sounds like you got in a great workout!!

I LOVE the McDonald's cones, they're not too bad calorie/point-wise either, I read around 150 cals. Yummy!

Carolyn said...

Mmmmm Mcdonald's ice cream!

How many points was it out of curiosity? What size? Chocolate of Vanilla? I loves me some ice cream, as you can tell.

Awesome workout at the gym!!

JavaChick said...

I feel the same way...some weeks seem so easy, other times it seems impossible.

Jaime said...

re: the McD's cone...I had a large one so according to their website it's about 250 cals. I could do with a small one next time though...couldn't find the NI for that one.

eurydice said...

stairmaster - not fun ever

Marissa said...

You and your starbucks! You always make me start craving coffee!! You're evil!

JavaChick said...

I was going to type up that shortcake biscuit recipe for you. I picked up the cookbook, and then...???

I can't find it. In my usual fashion, I got distracted and put it down somewhere and I have no idea where it is. I'm sure it will turn up and I'll be scratching my head wondering why in the world I put it there...But when I find it, I'll type up that recipe for you.

Alli said...

Way to go on being OP for a week! That has GOT to feel good.