Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Good Times 2011–Part One

You know what?  2011 was quite a good year!

  • Happy 2011 – nothing like ringing in the New Year with a great friend and an all night party!

IMG_4358

January

IMG_6026

February

IMG_7172

March

IMG_7554

April

IMG_8408

  • Hockey playoffs start – and so do my incessant posts about the Canucks.
  • German Sparkle Party – you know you want to listen to that nutty song over and over again. 
  • Sooke Harbour House – one of the most delicious meals I’ve ever had, complete with lovely overnight stay and gorgeous views.  {Part One} {Part Two} {Part Three}

IMG_8889

May

  • Empress Afternoon Tea – nothing but the finest finger sandwiches for my Mom!
  • Backyard Shrimp Boil – bet you didn’t know this is actually where Michael and I met.  That dog in the photos?  Yep, that’s his Burl.  :)

IMG_0004

June

IMG_1842

  • Tragedy Strikes – when the Canucks lost the Stanley Cup.
  • True Spirit – stupid people rioted, lovely people cleaned up.
  • V.I.C. Fest – local wine, local beer, local art, local music, local food, good friends and good times.
  • Fernwood Bites – more local food, more local wine, more good friends and good times.

IMG_1113

Wow, all of that went down in just the first six months.  If I ever complain of being bored please refer me back to my own blog. 

Part Two tomorrow.

Pin It

3 comments:

Roz @ weightingfor50 said...

Sure looks like a stellar (and life changing) year Jamie!!! I'm glad I found your blog. All the best to you as we move into 2012.

sarah said...

Your dog is stupid cute. No, really.

And I can't believe I don't see any pictures of Stoopy!!

Chef Heidi Fink said...

I think the best thing was the Thai cooking class ;)
Looking forward to part two!