Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Getting Ready

IMG_2854

Yesterday may very well have been my last normal eating day for about two weeks.  Good thing there was coffee and a banana & almond butter sammich.

IMG_2857

You see…I’ve let my fridge dwindle down to the near side of empty in anticipation of my leaving on a jet plane this Thursday.  Hence the leftover red Thai curry.

IMG_2858IMG_2864IMG_2861

The snacks are getting all random up in here.  Iced coffee with ham slices?  Eat it up.

IMG_2862

While running the 457 inevitable pre-vacay errands after work (nothing like driving to three stores to buy extra kitty litter) dinner was procured from the supermarket.  Clearly I’m addicted to pasta and mayo.

IMG_2865IMG_0393

And because I don’t already have a two page to-do list and a double sided packing list that needs paring down I thought it would be fun to make a Peach and Blueberry Cobbler at 9:30 last night.

IMG_2867IMG_2870

This is what I do.

IMG_2872

I didn’t even get to eat it.  Just stared at it longingly while it cooled and I washed a sink full of dishes, cleaned my bathtub, and stared at my shoes trying to figure out which ones will be the most comfy and least touristy.

IMG_2875

I’ll be sure to gnaw my way through this beauty today in between two big work projects, three loads of laundry, and choosing whether to bring an ugly (yet comfy) little daypack or a more stylin’ (yet uncomfortable) shoulder bag.

Travel prep is no joke.  Cobbler helps.

Pin It

5 comments:

Christy said...

Yummy cobbler!! Go for ugly/comfy. Comfort is everything and that way if you see something totally awesome that you have to buy you can jettison the fug one :)

Roz @ weightingfor50 said...

That cobbler looks like perfect packing fuel. BTW...noticed your header is no longer "single girl" oriented. Happy for you!!!

carla said...

Im always all about the uglyCOMFY.


MizFit

Bring Pretty Back said...

EMBRACING BALANCE- oh! I need balance!
Great blog!
Have a pretty day!
Kristin

my little celebration said...

coffee + a almond butter banana sandwich = morning happiness.