Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Active Release

IMG_2592

Lookie here!  Dog walking coffee.  Something about this cute ceramic mug is so much more appealing that a regular travel mug.  Thanks Janna!

IMG_2590

Waffle love.  One waffle, double almond butter, double raspberries.

IMG_2591IMG_2593

My produce all survived the weekend!  Survival salad!

IMG_2595

In the big silver bowl:  red leaf lettuce, radishes, cucumber, celery, green onion, tomatoes, Honey Poppyseed Dressing, dried cranberries, pecans, and mixed seeds.

IMG_2597

The salad was lacking protein which gave me the excuse to eat yet another Larabar this afternoon.  Half before meeting my new chiropractor and half when I got home.  What I really should have done was allowed myself a gigantor chocolate chip cookie because after the torture she put me through I deserved a real treat!

Since massage and physio didn’t really fix me I have decided to give ART a go.  Also known as physical torture.  In just ten minutes I now know what a pounded piece of meat feels like.  My ice pack is my best friend.

IMG_2631

Dinner was a total overcooked fail.  Those green beans really have seen better days and the extra steaming they took didn’t help.

IMG_2632

I picked up this salmon pinwheel from the grocery store.  I opted for the spinach and artichoke version over the cream cheese and shrimp, but I didn’t enjoy this at all.  Boooo.  It doesn’t help that I dried it out by cooking it way too long.

Clearly my cooking mojo felt beaten up today.

IMG_2634

For dessert I tried to make banana soft serve but it tasted off.  Like a freezer burnt banana.  Hmmm….I wonder why!  Sadface.

So I tossed it and broke into my emergency flattened banana and smeared a piece with almond butter.  Thank goodness Jessica brought me this Trader Joe’s loveliness on her last trip to Portland.

IMG_2639

I don’t know what I would have done without it.  A girl who has endured torture and a bad dinner cannot go to bed without her dessert!

Pin It

4 comments:

Ex Yo-Yo Dieter Debbie said...

Hi Jaime...your food/meal pics look delicious - as usual! Your salad reminded me of a recipe I have that is quite similar. The recipe calls for small chunks of Brie and cubed grilled chicken - just in case you were looking for protein.
PS You've inspired me to start my own little Starbucks mug collection...but mine is the "Airport Starbucks" version :) How many mugs are you up to now? That would be an interesting post all by itself!

After all the turmoil of pulling up stakes and moving back West, I'm so happy for you that you've really settled in there.

carla said...

I saw yer tweet and thought: CRAPBALLS I NEED ME SOME ART STAT.

seriously.


MizFit

Anonymous said...

I had a big silver bowl salad last night and thought of you! xo

Anonymous said...

Participation in active play can lead to involvement in sports, and develop their interests in a wide range of areas. They can join a team sport or get involved in an activity that relies on individual performance, such as swimming, track, or martial arts. Unfortunately, obesity among children is on the rise. Although nutrition is a major factor in controlling weight, physical activity is equally important. Children who are not active are more likely to develop health problems as they progress through life. Active play helps provide a foundation for a lifetime of physical activity.Click to get the services of Chiropractor For Shoulder Pain, Active Release Chiropractic and Denver Colorado Chiropractors.

With the prevalence of Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) among children, active play becomes extremely important to their mental and physical health. They need an outlet to release excess energy.