Wednesday, January 26, 2011

frilly lily

Oh the joy of remembering to set the coffee maker the night before!

IMG_5848

Fresh brewed coffee I promise never to abandon you again! (Um, unless of course fresh coffee is delivered to my door again…that was sweet!)

I made the mistake of not making breakfast before my conference call and then of course it ran long so I didn’t actually eat breakfast until…oh I don’t know…12:30? Can you say HANGRY?!

IMG_5855

Lemon yogurt, blueberries, blackberries, Kashi Go Lean.

IMG_5850

I hopped in for a quick shower after eating then promptly made my second meal of the day.  I knew I’d be out all afternoon and needed to make sure I’d stay full until dinner.

IMG_5856

Sammich made with that deeeelish Tofino peasant bread…with turkey, avocado, tomato, spinach, olive oil mayo and Dijon mustard.

IMG_5860

nom. nom. nom.

IMG_5861

After another hour or so of work I was off to get some girlie pampering.  Fresh new haircut.  She styled it all wavy for me…alas I had no fun places to be so only my fuzzypants boyfriend got to see it.

001

Front doesn’t look much different but she did such a slick job on the back!

010

I sipped a grande non-fat half sweet hazelnut coffee misto between appointments.

IMG_5862

**And now! Here I have a PSA for any local Victoria ladies. (Gentlemen, you may wish to skip this part…tee hee.)**

I found the awesomest (yes it’s a word!) little boutique for a really good wax!  I didn’t start bikini waxing until I moved to Halifax (hello Dominican resort!) so I didn’t have any idea where to go when I moved back.  The place I tried before going to Vegas in September left me feeling…well, let’s just say it was um, “abrupt”…so I didn’t want to go back.

A bikini wax is no time to be cheap!

IMG_5889

While walking down Fort Street one day I noticed this shop ‘frilly lily’ that specializes in “down there” (among other waxing as well as manicures and pedicures, etc) so gave them a Google.  I was pleased to learn they are a small franchise with a huge following and decided to give them a try.

IMG_5890

A bikini wax is never a fabulous event but Jess took excellent care, was a great conversationalist, and did a beautiful job.  So if anyone is looking for a new esthetician for your girl’s business I definitely recommend frilly lily.  (There are locations in Vancouver and Calgary too…and I assume more on the way.)

As a side note: the shop is super cute, sells their line of bath and beauty products, has an upstairs studio for pedicures…and get this…pedicure parties!  I want one. :)

**OK boys, I’m done.**

Back at home I had work to do since I’d been out playing hooky all afternoon.  Wine was necessary.  Not good wine, but whatevs. ha.

IMG_5867

I snacked on a banana and Sunflower Butter until I found a few minutes to cook dinner.

IMG_5864

Dinner was a super simple Salmon Salad. 

I made a paste of olive oil mayo, Dijon, smidge of honey, fresh rosemary, salt and pepper…then spread it atop a fresh wild Coho salmon filet which I had squirted with lemon juice.  Baked the fish at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.

IMG_5869IMG_5873IMG_5876IMG_5879

Popped it on top of a bigass salad made from spinach, tomatoes, carrots, yellow peppers, bean sprouts, and beets dressed with olive oil and lemon juice.

IMG_5882

My late-ish dinner kept me from snacking while I spent my evening working, Tweeting and watching American Idol (I think Steven Tyler may have single handedly rescued the show for me!)

Sipping yummy tea while I blog away and it’s off to bed with me.  There’s a Castle episode just awaiting my snuggles under the covers.

IMG_5885

Night!

Pin It

4 comments:

Liz said...

hair = gorgeous!!

Unknown said...

maybe you, me and Tiff can do a pedicure party when I come out on the 25th?

you're pretttttyyyy.

lollipoopmonster said...

love your new wavy hair! it looks good on you.. wonder if there's a frilly lily branch here in australia.. I'd really love to get a brazilian bikini for my upcoming asia tour. but so far, nads brazilian and bikini kit have not yet failed me. though I'm willing to try another product/ salons :)

btw, thanks for sharing your salmon salad recipe.. great help indeed!

Jessica @ The Virtual Scrapbook said...

I have to try that bread! It looks delicious!!