Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Direct Caffeine Delivery

Know what’s better than remembering to set the coffee to auto brew for the morning?  Having a friend decide to bring you coffee just cuz!

IMG_5784

Surprise! It’s an Americano with a shot of chocolate syrup. Um yum. 

And some sort of soft and delicious breakfast cookie-type situation here.  It was full of all kinds of dried fruit, seeds, and other fun stuff.

IMG_5786

Welcome work day distraction.  If only friends made coffee deliveries daily. :)

Around lunch time I decided I should really get those groceries I put off getting yesterday.  It meant I was missing my workout for today but it had to be done.  I bought two huge bags and one was completely full of produce!  My fruit bowl hasn’t been this happy in months.

My small breakfast had worn off by the time I was wandering through the deli looking for turkey so I decided to get a little something.  This Ancient Grains salad caught my attention and let’s just say I’m glad I only got a scoop because holy shiz I could have just kept eating.  I actually scoured the Thrifty Foods website hoping for the recipe but alas all I could find was a description so I may have to try recreating it on my own. The big deal?  Wheat berries!

IMG_5791

That scoop was supposed to actually be the topper for my bigass salad but I ate it about 14.5 seconds after I walked in the door…so the fresh shrimp and avocado had to dive into the big silver bowl instead.

IMG_5792

Spinach, carrots, beets, mixed bean sprouts, yellow peppers, fresh West Coast hand peeled shrimpies, 1/4 avocado…

IMG_5794IMG_5795IMG_5796

And a little something you rarely see around here…store bought salad dressing.  I had a hankering for Ranch Dressing and this Bolthouse Farms one had a good ingredient list and low calories. 

IMG_5797

Oh Peasant Bread.  How I would drive another 5 hours back to Tofino for you.  Thank you The Common Loaf Bakery (who don’t seem to have a website)!

IMG_5800

That salad monster kept me full right up until I had to run out the door for photography class. But knowing I’d wind up hungry midway through class I made dinner anyway.  Leftover Pig. Just as good on day two.

IMG_5802IMG_5803

Charmaine and I tackled manual focus, aperture, exposure and some metering in our class tonight.  So incredibly interesting.  Here’s hoping I retain something after sleeping on it!

IMG_5808

Before settling in to write for you all I grabbed another juicy pear and devoured it in about a minute. 

IMG_5844

Not a sweet in sight!  Save for the shot of chocolate in my coffee but that seriously satisfied my sweet tooth for the whole day.  I have another article to write and then I’m off to bed in the hopes of keeping that last statement true! Night.

Pin It

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That certainly was some kick-ass bread! Great photo of Charmaine!