Monday, December 27, 2010

Sammich

So ya, there’s that whole Christmas turkey thing.

Really the whole point of all that preparation, cooking, basting, carving and ooh-la-la-ing is the leftovers, no?

IMG_4176

All that sliced white meat, chewy stuffing, tangy cranberry, and creamy mayo layered between soft, white bread. Oh my.

IMG_4178

Complete with leftover Cabbage & Apple Salad. Memories.

IMG_4179

For the record, this sammich is only truly delicious if made by my Mom. If it’s possible to possess the perfect sammich gene she has it.

IMG_4181

Here’s hoping she passes it through the gene pool.  So far she hasn’t.

Fine with me. There’s some things a girl just wants her Mommy for.  ;)

Pin It

1 comment:

ElleBee said...

I had almost the same thing for lunch today, mine was ww crusty french bread w/ cranberry sauce, turkey breast and delish aged cheddar. One of the best sandwiches I ever made. :)