Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Brand New Bag

So… hands up if you have been shoving your lovely DSLR camera in your purse like I do.  Don’t lie.  I know you do it too.

When I bought James Dean (one year ago today!) he was part of a package that came with a carrying case, but the case is um, well….ugly.  Not to mention bulky, hard and far bigger than I need. So for the last year I’ve been toting him around in my bigass handbags rather than finding a more suitable option.

For Christmas my Grandpa just gives me cash to buy something I would like. I should probably put it towards my renovation budget or something slightly more responsible but I like to actually have a gift to show for the money.  So when I found these lovely, plush DSLR camera bags at Janine King Designs on Etsy I decided it was a Merry-Christmas-to-me moment.

IMG_3994IMG_3984

Much more appropriate size! Not too bulky at all but still has room for the camera and three lenses…all safe and sound. There are no interior pockets (aside from the lens areas) which is a bit of a shame but there is still room for my extra battery, camera cable, etc. and an outside zippered pocket for money, ID, manuals, and such.

DSLR_bag_interior

The adjustable strap makes it easy to carry however you feel comfortable. I suspect I’ll wear it messenger style when taking it for nature walks and the like, but for this weekend I just slung it over my shoulder while taking things to and from the car or up and down the stairs.

IMG_3981

I like the idea that it’s a nice fabric pattern that helps to disguise the bag as more of a casual purse than a techie paradise. I may be slightly more inclined to take my good camera, as opposed to only my point and shoot, to maybe a few more parties or events.  Lugging my bigass day to day purse in addition to the camera and it’s accessories doesn’t really go with my outfits!

IMG_3987

The durability of this bag remains to be seen but I imagine for the light use it will receive along with some simple TLC it will last me just fine.  I’m just happy that James now has a comfy, cozy, safe, and stylish home. :)

Pin It

4 comments:

Conny Mc said...

Love the bag and can't wait to get one! I so agree with you that I will use my SLR more as the bag is more stylish to haul around!

Shari said...

Oh yeah! So glad you like your super cute bag. I've actually been looking at her bags on Etsy to also spend my Christmas money on!

Angela Power said...

Tres awesome! If hubs didn't already get me a regular one I'd be all over that link love!

Love it!

ElleBee said...

That is such a cute bag, makes me wish I hadn't have bought a plain black one.