Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas Dinner

Finally! Turkey day at our house!

IMG_4154IMG_4142

You may remember from last year our family does Turkey Dinner on Boxing Day instead of Christmas Day. This gives room for my Mom and I to relax between the hectic night of the family gift opening and the day of cooking…and also gives other members of our family the opportunity to celebrate with their in-laws as well.

Mom does the majority of the work (like stuffing and prepping the big ol’ bird) but I pull the bread for stuffing and prep all of the veggies (except for peeling spuds because Mom is a whiz and for some reason I am not).

IMG_4151

I am however in charge of my Nana’s Cabbage & Apple Salad.

IMG_4153

Oh, and I picked the wine. A BC Riesling by Gray Monk. Dry with a sweet finish.

IMG_4156

After a bit of turkey roasting drama…we had a bit of a leaky pan situation and lost a lot of our pan juices…we had ourselves a very moist and tasty bird! My Uncle Barrie did the carving honours…

IMG_4144IMG_4155

As always our meal also included mashed potatoes, mashed carrots & turnips, Brussels sprouts, sausage & onion stuffing, cranberry sauce and gravy.

IMG_4157IMG_4159IMG_4161

I went for round two on the stuffing and potatoes. Nobody whips a potato like my Mom. Good old fashioned elbow grease that I just don’t possess!

Our pumpkin pie may be store bought but you could have fooled me.  This was probably in the Top 5 of the best pumpkin pies I’ve ever had. 

IMG_4164

Bailey’s coffee with whip cream completed the meal. Because you know, we all needed an extra shot of sugar to assist in the post-meal crash.

IMG_4162

My Uncle Colin provided after dinner entertainment with Lizzie the Cat. Cutey patootie.

IMG_4175

I’m now nursing a turkey baby belly and loving every minute of it. NOM!

Pin It

No comments: