Tuesday, November 30, 2010

No Go

It’s official.  My body doesn’t wish to ever work out again.  Yesterday was to be my official return to the gym and what happened?  I woke up with my neck all out of whack.  If it’s not one thing it’s another!

I consoled myself with coffee spiked with light egg nog…

IMG_2939

And strawberry Chobani with sliced banana and toasted pecans…

IMG_2945

After breakfast I took a muscle relaxant in the hopes of loosening my neck up enough to stretch.  All it did was wipe me out!  I became immediately exhausted and had to take a nap. 

When I woke up I stumbled into the kitchen to make lunch.  Greek-ish salad…

IMG_2951IMG_2957

Tomatoes, cukes, red onion, and mixed greens with EVOO, white wine vinegar and coarse salt.  Served up with spanakopita and hummus.

IMG_2958IMG_2962

While finishing up work for the day I got the munchies and went cupboard surfing. Seemed like the right time to break into the Trader Joe’s Flattened Bananas…

IMG_2976

It’s like fresh banana fruit leather! I pulled apart about five “sheets” of banana and rolled two of them up with almond butter as my snack.

IMG_2979

Hours later I was still trying to kick the effects of the muscle relaxant while dozing on the sofa watching back to back episode of SATC.  A dinner requiring any work was soooo not happening…thank gawd for soup in the fridge.

IMG_2984

Corn chowder with chicken, and squirrelly toast on the side.

Followed by a little dessert…tiger butter fudge. nom.

IMG_2980IMG_2954IMG_2964

Pin It

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear about your neck! Looks like you need a massage. As always, your food looks delish. :)

Anonymous said...

I hope you feel better soon. :o\ I hear ya about the "if it's not one thing it's another" when it comes to your body not cooperating.

Muscle relaxants make my arms hurt to the point that I can barely move them. Weird, right? I tried taking them for my back a couple times, but stopped when I noticed that connection.

Anonymous said...

The last time I took a muscle relaxant ... nothing happened. I think I'm immune to pills.

I'm sorry to hear about your neck. It sucks when you finally WANT to work out and can't because of your stupid body. What's up with that, stupid body!?