Sunday, November 28, 2010

Brunch with a View

This weekend was supposed to be a girl’s weekend…a girl’s weekend away. Unforeseen circumstances and a fortuitous situation with our vacation rental led us to cancel, but we still wanted to spend some girly time together and planned a lovely brunch instead.

We took a trip up to the top of Chateau Victoria to Vista 18.

IMG_2891

It was so nice to spend a few extra dollars to enjoy brunch somewhere other than one of Victoria’s 1001 diner style breakfast restaurants.

IMG_2883IMG_2877IMG_2899IMG_2880

Since it wasn’t a normal Sunday out in my yoga pants I decided I shouldn’t just order my normal bacon and eggs.  Instead I opted for the West Coast Benny with Dungeness crab and chive hollandaise…

IMG_2896IMG_2897

It was served with pan fries and fresh fruit…and I added a side of bacon (which was substantial!).  I barely made it through…leaving most of my potatoes behind.  Yum.

IMG_2888

Afterwards a couple of the girls and I headed over to the same artisan fair I was at on Saturday.  Now that I’d been through, I knew exactly where I wanted to go back and buy things. :)  I’d like to say I was Christmas shopping but that would only be true if I said I was buying myself presents. :)

When we finished up there I ran a few more errands and then came home to rest my tired shoulders.  Far too much sitting at restaurant tables and browsing with heavy bags this weekend.  So glad I am officially going back to the gym this week!

With December 1st looming just a few days away I decided tonight would be a good time to festive-up the apartment.  No tree this year (I gave away pretty much all of my tree decorations and my old artificial tree when I moved) but green garland and lights went up on the deck!

IMG_2938

I kept things Christmassy with Candy Cane Lane tea and fresh fudge from yesterday’s trip to the fair…

IMG_2904IMG_2908

Dinner was another soul warming bowl of homemade chicken soup.  For a soup I threw together with no recipe I’m quite pleased.

IMG_2912IMG_2918

And now…I see popcorn and a made for TV Christmas movie in my future.

It’s beginning to feel a lot like Christmas. :)

Pin It

2 comments:

Laura said...

your decorations are simple yet effective. love it!

Unknown said...

YOU FOUND candy cane lane tea? OMG. I've been hoping for this for 2 years ( I couldn't find it last year)!

Sounds like a lovely time!