Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Anticipation

November 30th. Yoikes.

Already a month since Halloween.  Already two weeks since my birthday.  Already down to only 25 days til Xmas.  Holy shiz.

In anticipation of Christmas month I dug into the Christmas Blend and egg nog…

IMG_2988IMG_2986

And it seemed only fitting to make a comfy, cozy breakfast.  This empty PB jar has been hanging out waiting for a batch of OIAJ.

IMG_2989

In the mix: water, UVAB, oats, flax meal, 1/2 banana, random PB scrapings and cinnamon.  Mini chocolate chips sprinkled on top.

IMG_2995

The hot oats totally warped the plastic jar (there’s no BPA in there I hope!!) but almost melted the remaining PB goodness right into the mix.  Nom.

Lunch was a repeat of Monday.  Greek-ish salad with spanakopita and hummus.

IMG_3004IMG_3020

Flattened banana rollups for afternoon snackie…

IMG_2997

For dinner I pulled out an old recipe for Honey Soy Chicken.  I’m sure I’ve featured it on the blog before but to heck if I can find it!

Super duper easy. 

  • 1/4 cup veggie oil
  • 1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce
  • 1/3 cup honey
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced
  • fresh pepper
  • 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken tenders

IMG_3025

  • Whisk the marinade ingredients together thoroughly and pour over chicken to coat.  Cover and refrigerate for at least two hours or overnight.
  • When ready to cook, heat a non-stick skillet over med-high heat and add chicken still dripping with marinade to pan.  Discard remaining marinade.
  • Cook approx 3 minutes per side then remove pan from heat.  Cover with a large lid if waiting on your side dishes, until ready to serve.

IMG_3029

I simply baked off a batch of rutabaga fries and steamed some broccolini to go along with my chicken.

IMG_3032IMG_3033

Rested the chicken on top of the broccolini so the sauce would run through.  Deeelish!

IMG_3035

After dinner I tucked in for another cozy night on the sofa, trying to decide between watching Glee or Rudolph (Glee won, Rudolph will be on again I’m sure), eating more Christmas fair fudge (chocolate pumpkin!) and taking care of my sore neck. 

IMG_3017

I think I need more egg nog.

IMG_3049

Pin It

5 comments:

Shira said...

The banana roll-ups and rutabaga fries look awesome! Holy shiz is right. :)

Debbie B. said...

I can't believe it is December!! Man time flies ... it really does feel like Halloween was just yesterday! I need to go get myself some eggnog!

Unknown said...

I love that mug! Where did you get that? I love Starbucks Christmas Blend! I also found that the Trader joe's Wintry blend is pretty darn good, too!

Jaime said...

Hi Kate: that mug was actually a gift bought for me from the Smithsonian. :)

This year's SB Xmas blend is particularly good (didn't love last year's).

And if only TJs was easy to come by up here I might try their coffee!

Anonymous said...

Mmmm, that chicken looks good! My cousin in Vancouver made honey chicken when I stayed with her once. It was really good; I've always wanted a recipe for it.

Rutabaga fries are new to me, too. They're turnips, right? I think I'm allergic to turnips, but I don't know about rutabaga. I don't think I've ever had it.