Sunday, May 30, 2010

SATC2

What better excuse for a girls' night out than a showing of          Sex and the City 2!  Break out the cute shoes and martinis ladies!!

My friend Missy sent out the invite months in advance.  :)  Tickets were bought online.  No line-ups or sold out shows for these girls!!

I had intended on buying hawt new shoes for this event, but honestly with all of the running around I've been doing lately I'm lucky I managed to get there at all!  Instead I was going to wear my cute green dress and white Guess peep toes but the weather was cold and wet so I switched to jeans and snake skin buckled peeps instead...

 006 009 004

I did break out some curls for the event though.  :)

The movie was fabulous.  Completely campy and over the top, but in a good way.  More outrageous than the first one, and the storyline did come off a bit weak...but still fun and entertaining as all hell.  Some of the one-liners were absolutely hysterical.  I laughed out loud multiple times...and listening to the whole theatre every time there was a hot guy (there were many!), hot shoes (so many it was hard to keep up), or an amazing (or totally out there) outfit totally added to the fun of it all.

Definitely grab a couple of girlfriends and check it out.  Girly entertainment at it's finest!  (and I believe a lot of guys would actually find it pretty funny too....)

012

After the show we headed out for a lovely dinner at Nectar Social House in Dartmouth.  I've attempted to go here twice before but it didn't work out either time, so I was thrilled that this restaurant suggestion came up for our girls' night. 

015

The room was modern and gorgeous...and so was the food.  This is the kind of place I wish I could drag my good camera since point and shoot (and low lighting) definitely does no justice.

Drink of the evening...Nectarini.  Tasted like sunshine in a cocktail.

016017 018

I wanted to try everything on the starter menu...it all sounded fabulous.  I tossed back and forth between the Lobster Spring Rolls and the Greek Style Ceviche Salad.  I eventually decided on the salad...

019

It was fresh and flavourful.  I love the inclusion of capers and the shrimp marinade was deeeeelish.  I was kind of jealous of the lobster rolls when someone else ordered them though...might be a reason to go back!

For my main I asked our server to help me decided between the Pineapple Lobster Pasta and the Chilli Pork Stuffed Ravioli.  Two completely different options! He talked me into the ravioli because it had...maple bacon cream sauce!!!  Lobster got bumped again!

027

It was rich and delicious.  The pork was spiced just right, the sauce was decadent but not overpowering and the fresh pasta just about melted in my mouth.  I really enjoyed the new twist on a menu favourite.

Come dessert time you would think I didn't have room but each course was just the right size and when the server mentioned this Lemon Tart I just had to order it. 

028

Two wedges, so enough to share with a few of the girls.  It was light and tart...like the base of a homemade Lemon Meringue Pie.  Worth every bite.

After dinner the bartender and one of the group's bf's were great sports and played photographer for us.  I think we had 6-8 cameras on the go!  Definitely a fun girlie night.  Would do it again tomorrow!  Thanks gals!!

030

Pin It

11 comments:

Katie said...

I've never heard of that restaurant before but I just checked out their website and everything looks amazing. Now I'm definitely going to have to try this place.

Thanks :)

Anonymous said...

You guys are so cute!

When the first SATC movie came out, my girlfriend flew out FROM CALIFORNIA to see it with me.

healthyjen said...

Loved your SATC2 look! You're making me excited to go see it Tuesday!

Your salad from the other day looked DIVINE! I have booked marked it and have to make it one day!

sarah said...

I love the curls!! You look great.

I have never seen any episodes of SATC or either movie. I may have to watch one episode of the show at some point. My girlfriend asked if I wanted to see the movie but I passed since I figured I would be lost!!

Sounds like you had fun!!

Anonymous said...

That is my fave hairdo on you!
Curls suit you-gorgeous!!!

Ex Yo-Yo Dieter Debbie said...

Looks like you had a great time!

I can't wait to see that movie, too.

Great shot of all the shoes!

Lived With Love said...

i can't wait to see this! ahhhh! xx

Miz said...

ok I dont even really wanna see the MOVIE and I covet your night.

for reals :)

I must need me a girls night out...

Becca said...

Glad you had a fun night out and enjoyed the movie - lookin hawt!

Jessica @ Dairy Free Betty said...

sooooo fun... I can't wait to see it!!

Kim said...

I loved the movie too! It made me think of the second Bridget Jones movie... definitely a little more wheels off than the first, but the same lovable characters, so it was greatness! I heart SATC!

Love the shoe pic! Those white ankle boots are rockin'!