Monday, May 31, 2010

And so it begins...

Time to get organized and stay organized.  By tomorrow I should have my movers confirmed...and that means...if all goes according to plan... YIKES... I'm outta here in 24 days*gulp*

You should see the lists I have on the go.  The goal this week is to get those cleaned up and as simplified (yet detailed) as possible. 

Last night I wrote up this week's plan...so I know what room to sort on which day, which workout I should be doing, and have a good idea what to make to eat.  The food will probably change a bit here and there, but everything else pretty much needs to stay the way it is. 

IMG_6133

I will allow myself to skip a workout if needed though...because things will rear their heads but I can't very well give up packing or eating!! 

Today was a nice, easy start...coffeeeeee with soy milk...

IMG_6136

A refreshing green smoothie to help clean away the weekend junk.

IMG_6144

I picked up some Maca Root Powder at Bulk Barn the other night to give it a try.  It doesn't smell too good, but once blended up I couldn't really tell it was there.  It's considered a superfood powerhouse so it is definitely worth a bit of an odd odor.

From Wikipedia: "The nutritional value of dried maca root is high, similar to cereal grains such as rice and wheat. It contains 60% carbohydrates, 10% protein, 8.5% dietary fiber, and 2.2% fats. Maca is rich in essential minerals, especially selenium, calcium, magnesium, and iron, and includes fatty acids including linolenic acid, palmitic acid, and oleic acids, and 19 amino acids, as well as polysaccharides."

IMG_6138 IMG_6139

In the KA today:  ice, 1/2 frozen banana, 4 chunks fresh pineapple, 2 big handfuls organic baby spinach, 1 tsp maca, 1 heaping tsp Amazing Meal, 1 tsp flax meal, about 2/3 cup UVAB.

IMG_6142

Alongside this bevvie I made some deliciously chewy sprouted grain toast...with natural peanut butter & Supercrack.

IMG_6145

It's a quiet work day because of the US Memorial Day holiday so I burned through a fair amount of work this morning...which worked out well because I received a last minute call to meet Cosette and Sarah for afternoon coffee at Two if by Sea.

001 003

Who am I to turn down a fabulous cafe au lait?!  Especially since it's Sarah's bday.  HAPPY BIRTHDAY SARAH!!!

Sadly (thankfully!!) they were out of chocolate croissants.  I definitely need another one (or ten) of those before I leave town.

When I got home it was way past lunch time so I went straight to the kitchen to whip up my salad...

IMG_6147

Romaine, tomatoes, cucumber, celery (totally underrated!), and yellow peppers.

IMG_6149

Dressed with Renee's Spring Italian dressing...and topped with 1% cottage cheeseDid you know that cottage cheese contains a WHOPPING 15 grams of protein per 1/2 cup serving?  Score.

IMG_6150

Added even more protein in the form of hummus...

IMG_6152

Served with Mary's Gone Crackers!  Nom!!!  Love these addictive seedy little things...

IMG_6151

The last few hours have been spent working and scrutinizing my initial road trip plans.  Halifax to Victoria.  Just me and my cat.  It's going to be a loooooong 11 days...totally scary...and totally exciting. 

This once in a lifetime adventure needs a name.... any ideas??

Pin It

13 comments:

Laura said...

Once again, you salad has excited my loins.

I think you should break your trip up, 12 hours is a long way ALONE. break it up girl

Jaime said...

Oh girl...I don't think you realize that it's actually 11 DAYS!! I'm going from one end of the country to the other...approx 6000km according to Google. Every day will be between 6-9 hours of driving!!

I did decided to break up that last 12 hour stretch into an 8 hour and a 4 hour...so I can do some visiting and not die at the wheel. :)

mina said...

this post makes me miss good wholesome food. i eat out waaay too much.

misssarahlou said...

Wow - what an adventure! How about Trek Hali-toria :o)

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm

"Chick,Cat,Car go FAR!"

"Jaime's Just Me Journey"

"Travelling not Unravelling "

"Blazetrailing Bloggie"

"Canuck Good Luck " Tour 2010

"Single and Sure,My Happy Tour!"

"Eating my Way Across Canada"

"SATC 3- Sentimental and the City"

Jaime said...

Anonymous! I still haven't a clue who you are, but you never fail to make me laugh!! Those are all awesome...I might have to do a contest!!

Reveal yourself dammit~!

Kara Hadley said...

i can't help you with a name. but i can say you inspired me to pick up my first jar of supercrack (i decided to go with the asia flavor). the name is totally fitting! delish.

H-woman said...

Mary's crackers are not allowed in my house! Crack crackers!

=)

Ex Yo-Yo Dieter Debbie said...

"The Journey From Hal"?

("Hal" instead of hell? Get it? Too much of a stretch?)

Here's my question: What do you listen to in the car? I'd be bringing a ton of audiobooks (CD or on iPod) and music. Mr. Debbie is a freak...he'd do that entire drive in silence!

Anonymous said...

24 Day. :(

Don't get me wrong, I'm really excited to hear all about your road trip home but I will miss you my dear.

We need to make sure you get sent off with a proper good bye. IE. Wine, cheese, laughter etc.

Liz said...

I think a contest or a survey on the name trip is a great idea...especially since I'm not creative enough to help :)

Ingmarie said...

hey, thanks for posting your plan- i always find it really helpful to see how others plan and organize for the week and hope one day i'll be that organized too ;) wishing you the best for operation cross country. stay safe!

Jaime said...

Debbie: I've downloaded a couple of audio books...going to look for a couple of podcasts...plus I have my iPod and a collection of old CDs. That should do me!