Monday, February 22, 2010

Snackypants

Pretty quiet afternoon/evening. 

After picking FH up from work I was ready for an afternoon pick-me-up.  I grabbed a couple of my Valentine’s peanut butter cups

IMG_2644

Um…confession…I sorta ate the rest of the tube.  Seven of those little buggers.  Ah well!

While deciding what to make for dinner I decided to bust open these Snapea Crisps that Krista sent me…

IMG_2646

Curious little munchies.  Reasonable ingredient list.  A bit high on fat and calories considering they are essentially baked peas…

 IMG_2648

But tasty!  in an odd sort of way.  I think they are puffed or popped somewhat like a popchip. I dunno. 

IMG_2650

Dinner was a bit weird…but it was one of those stand in front of the open fridge and stare kind of days.  I just couldn’t figure out what I wanted.  Not really hungry for a meal, but in need of more than puffed peas!

I decided veggies were the way to go and grabbed a variety for roasting.  Broccoli, cauliflower, carrots and cabbage.

Roughly chopped and tossed with EVOO, balsamic, maple syrup and s&p. Roasted in a 425 degree oven for 25 minutes (stirred part way through).

IMG_2654

With five minutes left I sprinkled on some navy beans we had in the fridge…maybe 1/2 cup or so…

IMG_2655

It was actually pretty yummy!  Got in a couple of veggie servings, some protein, and have a dish of leftovers.  Nice.

IMG_2661

While sipping Rooibos tea I decided to add to the already fairly snackerific day and opened up the box of Kashi Oatmeal Dark Chocolate Cookies

IMG_2662 IMG_2663

Soooooo deeeeeelish!  Soft, chewy, hearty, chocolately, oatmealy goodness!  nom.  :)  A little small for the 130 calories per cookie, but as long as I don’t sit down with the whole box, I can handle it.

Ohhh, I think that’s a challenge!

Pin It

4 comments:

Amanda@BustingThroughIt said...

Oh I so hope we get those cookies in Canada!

Krista said...

Jaime: There are actually three flavors. The Healthy Trails is also very good. Maybe you will see them in Canada soon. Hope so. It's kind of hard to eat only 1....

Lex said...

Those Snackpea thingies look very interesting!! I am curious... but biased cuz I LOVE peas!

Shirls said...

love the "stand in front of the fridge and stare" recipe, its a standard recipe in my book ;0)