Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Brain Ache

Ever have one of those mornings where you wake up just feeling “off”?  That’s me. 

I slept OK (until FH kept pulling the covers off my feet!) and I slept long enough…but I still woke up feeling “meh”.  And “meh” turned into a headache.

So instead of the gym I decided I should snooze some more before work.

IMG_2680

And watch some PVR’d TV.

IMG_2681

And tried a coffee to kill the headache…with some mint hot chocolate powder sprinkled in…

IMG_2665IMG_2666

Ditching work isn’t an option so I loaded up my water glass (9 times out of 10 my headaches are caused by lack of water…maybe I’m still rehydrating after yesterday’s snackfest)…

IMG_2673

And made a big bowl of oats to fill my belly for the morning.

Peanut Butter & Jam Oats!

IMG_2667

In the pot: water, UVAB, 1/2 banana, flax meal

On topKashi Toasted Berry Crisp, natural PB, Crofter’s Superfruit

IMG_2671

Yummy!!  But it didn’t cure my headache or lethargy.

When I started to feel hungry again I decided that a green smoothie was the only thing I wanted.

IMG_2678

Straight up green goodnessIn the KA:  ice, frozen strawberries, 1/2 banana, spinach, Amazing Grass Superfood, UVAB, water to thin…

IMG_2676

While I was drinking it, I felt instantly better!

Boooo…but here we are 20 minutes later and my headache still lingers. Guess I will resort to pills.  Lame. 

I’m going to try to cuddle Stoopy, but he looks kinda comfy in his corner…

IMG_2682

Pin It

8 comments:

Ellen said...

You always are eating the most interesting things. Makes my diet look boring! Can I come and stay with you for a while?

Amy said...

I want to snuggle Stoops too.

Yes, I just nicknamed him Stoops.

Anonymous said...

Hope the headache goes away soon!

Julie @ Pickley Pear said...

Green Smoothie's are usually the cur all! Sometimes you just have to resort to the meds. Hope you're feeling better :)

Anonymous said...

I have had a headache since lunch... I feel your pain.

Anonymous said...

I feel off today too, but it's my tummy that's all wrong.

When I have a headache, I can usually get rid of it by drinking a few sips of Coke. If that doesn't work, then usually nothing will.

Hope you feel better by now, though.

Nicole said...

hope you lost the headache :( I had a migraine all day Monday and it is the WORST! I need to make one of those green smoothies.

Nicole said...

I hope your headache eased up. I hate when I get them because I want nothing more than to curl up in bed and make the world go away!