Friday, February 26, 2010

Ruby Slippers

Happy Friday everyone!  Holy Halifax windstorm going on.  I half expected to wake up in Oz this morning.  Just sitting here at my desk I can feel the house blowing in the breeze.  If this keeps up, I’m going to need a Gravol! 

Instead I had coffee…

IMG_2755

Yes, I know you are completely shocked by this. :)  Sometimes I think I should just quit posting that I have coffee every morning but showing off my mugs is one of my “things”.  haha.  Or maybe that’s just all in my head?

I also felt dehydrated when I awoke.  For some reason I’m not good with chugging water first thing, so decided I’d better whip up a green smoothie instead of oatmeal to help quench the thirst…

IMG_2754

Love the cute banana sticker!

The basics in the KA today:  ice, 1/2 banana, 1/2 scoop Amazing Meal, flax meal, spinach, UVAB

Added a cranberry bran Vitamuffin to the table cuz I feel like I should chew something at breakfast time…

IMG_2759

I had planned on sneaking in an extra cardio session today…however it seems FH is hung up at work with my car so I guess we’ll see how the day plays out.  I’m stiff as all hell from yesterday’s massage (yes, I know that seems weird but it’s true!) and would love to sweat it out.  Must make it happen, right? 

On a personal noteC*O*N*G*R*A*T*U*L*A*T*I*O*N*S to one of my bestest friends in the whole wide world, Mikey…and his new wifey Angela.  Check out this cute story about how they “secretly” got hitched at Starbucks back home.  (My favorite Starbucks by the way.) 

Pin It

5 comments:

Alison Fay said...

Kevin was telling me he read about Mike on facebook this morning. Kinda funny.

I know what you mean about the breakfast thing - I needed to skip it and do the smoothie thing yesterday. It seemed to work, too!

AND - yes, we all love the mugs :)

Becki said...

I love your mugs! :)
I have an obsession with mugs as well.

I saw the news article lastnight! That's the cutest story! I know someone who works at that Starbucks! My boyfriend joked that that will probably be us when we get married. (He is an assistant manager at Starbucks, I'm a store manager. haha)

H-woman said...

Your mug photos are the only way that I know that my obsession with S'bucks mugs is healthy. 'Cause if Jaime can have that many (and she's Embracing Balance, after all) my few can't possibly be wrong!

Cute story about your friend!

H =)

Anonymous said...

Please keep the morning coffee pics coming. I love your mugs!

Mikey said...

Yes we're famous! *grin*

The Nanaimo paper picked up the story and apparently it was even repeated on the radio! No book/movie deal yet and no uber wedding gift from Starbucks either.