Saturday, October 31, 2009

Boo!

IMG_6052Picture0019 IMG_6053

I just had my first little kiddies at the door, so I guess it’s that time!!  It’s not dark yet though, so I imagine it’ll be at least another half hour before they really hit full force.  If memory serves, last year it was about an hour non-stop and that was it…so hopefully it’s similar this year.  I have enough candy for about 50 kids or so.

IMG_6033

Only chocolate this year.  :)  So far I only ate one!!

IMG_6034

Started this morning with another Halloweeny mug filled with coffeeeeee

IMG_6024

While I carved my pumpkin I sipped on a smoothie…figured I should probably get some fruits and vitamins in me early just in case tonight turns into a bit of a snackfest.

IMG_6027

In the blender:  1/2 banana, frozen blueberries, vanilla Almond Breeze, and a packet of Amazing Grass Amazing Meal

IMG_6026

Main review of the product to come next week, but if this first pack is any indication it’s going to be a great review.  Yummy!

Kept me full until a light snack mid-afternoon.  Honeycrisp apple and cheddar cheese

IMG_6029

I attempted to do some yoga this afternoon…but no go.  Holy shite did it hurt!! This thing in my neck is like a huge pinch that reacts all the way down my bicep, and man oh man did turning my head damn near bring tears to my eyes!  Waaaaaah.

[Just interrupted by the CUTEST little pink dragon!]

Kept busy this afternoon with household chores and didn’t even bother with lunch.  Straight onto an early dinner…leftover acorn squash filled with homemade chili from the freezer.

IMG_6050

Perfect.

IMG_6049

Well the kiddies are a pounding on the stairs now!

[interrupted this time by teenagers…slackers in the costume department!  sock monkey toque plus sock monkey gloves does NOT make a costume.  LOL.]

After they are gone, I’m off to a friend’s place for a scary movie and some treats.  nom nom nom.

My bat-o-lantern won’t stay lit!!  It’s so windy!  Poor kids…at least it’s warm out!!

IMG_6057

HAPPY HALLOWE’EN!

[it has taken me 45 mins to post this…the kids just keep on comin…I’m already almost out of candy!!]

Pin It

7 comments:

H-woman said...

I am in AWE of anyone who can make jack-o-lanterns like that!! I can barely manage triangle eyes and lopsided grins.

H =)

Anonymous said...

Amazing pumpkin! You look so cute!

Angela Power said...

Excellent jack-o-lantern!!!

I can't believe we got swarmed by kids and we weren't expecting that many!

Yummy lookin squash!

Anonymous said...

I love the bat-o-lantern!

We haven't gotten any kids yet, but I just saw some across the street. But it's only 6:24 here, anyway.

Jen said...

CUTE!!!!

We have had MAYBE 12 kids and it's 7:15...hopefully we will get a few more...we are going to watch a creepy movie afterwards...hopefully I can sleep tonight!!!

Anonymous said...

Hehe, love the horns, you look so cute. :)

Great job on the pumpkin too, spooky! I loved all the Halloween stuff you've posted about over the past weeks... the tour of your decorated neighborhood was a neat idea.

I would have never though to try chili in the squash, mmm looks delish!

Shirls said...

love the pumpkin and the ears!