Wednesday, September 30, 2009

The One Where I Missed Yoga

…but still went to the gym!  (That’s right people, I told you I was back!!)

Work ran late.  Damn Wednesdays.  I can never seem to get everything done at a reasonable time. I watched 7:00 come and go and realized my yoga plans weren’t going to happen.  So I headed for the gym for an 8pm workout again…

  • 25 minutes on the treadmill, hurting my knees like an old lady
  • 2 sets: 1 minute regular squats, 1 minute plie squats, 30 seconds pulsing squats, 30 second wall sit
  • 2 sets: back extensions, assisted crunches
  • 2 x 1 minute plank, again pain in the knees!

If that wasn’t enough, I went for a walk earlier today too!  Fall is here. 

IMG_4850

After my walk, some banana bread.

IMG_4852

Silent lunch to eat while on my weekly conference call.  Organic vanilla yogurt, thawed blueberries, oats, hulled hemp seeds, pumpkin seeds, and craisins.

IMG_4853 IMG_4855

Afternoon snack to tide me over through yoga (the best laid plans!)…the last of the hummus and (gasp!) Mary’s Crackers.

IMG_4857

For those who have asked, I got the crackers at Sobeys in the natural foods section.  They do have an “au natural” taste that some may consider sawdusty…but for some reason I love them!  I think it’s the seeds, and the fun crunchy texture.

IMG_4856

By the time I got back from my workout I was FAMISHED!  I had this Campbell’s Creations soup in the cupboard and thought “yaaaieee dinner is ready!”.  However, once I got it open I thought “meh soup” so made a bigass salad to go with it.  :)

IMG_4858 

Lettuces, tomatoes, cukes, shredded marble cheddar, chickpeas & a drizzle of Ranch.  (chickpeas + cheddar = match made in heaven)

IMG_4860

Ate a bowl of soup and a bowl of salad.

IMG_4867

Then went back for the rest of the salad. nom nom nom. 

IMG_4868

Now here I sit showered, moisturized, relaxed and drinking English Toffee tea.  A bit of girly TV in the form of Eastwick and then sleep will be mine!

IMG_4870

Pin It

4 comments:

Maria said...

I don't mind the flavour of Mary's and the ingredient list, but I find them really ... sharp? And shiny from where they cooked on the mat. Is it just me? I feel like I've almost lost a vocal cord on one a few times.

I could very well be imagining all this. :)

Jaime said...

Maria, it's funny you say that because I actually inhaled a little sliver of one today and it hurt like heck!!

H-woman said...

I love those crackers!

H =)

H-woman said...

I also missed yoga...but I didn't go to the gym. Kudos to you!

H =)