Tuesday, September 29, 2009

The One Where I Got Off the Couch

Ya that’s right.  5:00 came and went and I was still trucking along on work stuff.  The weather got blustery and gross (I watched my neighbor’s BBQ blow over), so my walk plans went bye-bye.  I lost all my steam, ate cookies, put on my slippers, wandered aimlessly around my kitchen, and GAVE UP.

Then, after dinner and a bowl of jelly beans, I decided that flipping channels was NOT the way I was going to spend my night.  Something snapped.

At 8:00 I washed my face, changed my clothes, and stormed out the door.  45 minutes at the gym turned my night (my week!) around.  This is the feeling I’ve been looking for.  I don’t know where it’s been, but I’m glad it’s back!

  • 20 minutes on the elliptical, cross country
  • 3 sets: tricep pulldowns, bicep curls, shoulder presses
  • 2 sets: crunches, reverse crunches, scissor crunches
  • 2 minute plank!

If this doesn’t help me sleep tonight I’ll scream!!

Before I went I did have another comfort food dinner.  Leftover Chowdy Doody chicken corn chowder, with some cheesy Multigrain Tostitos.

IMG_4840 IMG_4841

These dangerous fancy jelly beans (ie: Jelly Belly knockoffs) made their way into my basket at Walmart last night.  Uh-oh.  This huge bag was only $3.  Danger Will Robinson, Danger.

IMG_4836 

I had one serving.  OK, then after the picture I had like two more servings.  The bright side is that I got a massive sugar rush that I put to use at the gym.  :)

IMG_4838

That bag is now well buried in the pantry.

Oh, and before I forget…I totally stole Lynn’s FABULOUS idea for mint hot chocolate!  Soooo deeelish.  I brewed a cup of strong peppermint tea and mixed it with a packet of organic hot chocolate mix.  What a fantastic afternoon treat!!

IMG_4833 IMG_4834

People.  I’m back.  I promise.

Pin It

9 comments:

Bec said...

those cheesy tostitos look fantastic! congrats on getting off the couch, its been rainy here all day so i mostly stayed in bed minus 3 hours of class... oh lazy rainy days

Anonymous said...

It must be colder in Halifax than in Texas (not surprisingly). When the weather cools down here, I think I will steal that peppermint hot chocolate idea, too!

Your meals look great. I am jealous of people who are together enough to cook often.

OldGoogleAccount said...

That peppermint hot chocolate is brilliant. Good for you for getting to the gym!

Sweet dreams!

Unknown said...

Good for you making it off the couch. That feeling of accomplishment is way better that lounging around. Because lounging leads to more lounging.

Miz said...

welcome back!

are you soresore today?

getting back off the couch?

did you sleep like the proverbial rock? :)

all that....

JavaChick said...

Go Jaime!

Husband would love a bag of those jelly beans...Too bad I never go to Walmart. Or not. It's not like he needs a big bag of jelly beans...

Kim said...

haha... you're the best. good for you!

Angela Power said...

Yeah sista! That's the $h!t !

eurydice said...

that's what i like to hear! post-workout bliss is special. and so are jellybeans! great idea with the tea/chocolate. i mix hot chocolate into my coffee on fridays for a "treat" lol.