Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Chicken-Salad Salad

Hmmm…well let’s see.  I’ll start with the fact that I was actually asleep by 2am.  It’s a strange world where that’s an exciting tidbit of life!  Tonight I’m aiming for midnight, but I dunno…wish me luck.

Today I plan to get some kind of simple workout…maybe an hour of walking or elliptical or something.  Must get back into it pronto!  A week off is not OK in my world.  :(

Started the morning off on the right foot with coffee and oats!  Nothing like that first pot of coffee from a new bag of freshly ground beans.  Deeeelish.

015

Banana Berry Oats:  1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla Almond Breeze, 1/2 cup water, 1/3 cup oats, 1 heaping tbsp flax, 1/2 ripe banana, 1 cup fresh frozen blueberries & raspberries

016

I like my oats simple, without a lot of mixins or toppers.  Even this is a pretty long list of ingredients for me.  :)

Love the blueberries in there!

For lunch I created a third meal from the last of the roasted chicken.  Chicken salad.  But instead of on bread, I put it on greens…giving me well, Chicken-Salad Salad!

With the chicken: celery, green onion, raisins, light mayo, dill, s&p

019

In the big bowl:  salad greens, cucumber, carrots, grapes, honey, lemon juice, fresh cracked sea salt

021

All together now!  So good!!

025

Now I’d better get working on that workout so I can have some cookies!  :)

Pin It

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I haven't been sleeping lately either...I've been falling asleep on the couch, and then as soon as I move to the bed, I'm wide awake.... Sucks.

Yummy looking salad!

Anonymous said...

Love your chicken salad salad :)