Saturday, July 18, 2009

Friday

Oooops, it appears I’m getting into the habit of posting a day late.  Better try to nip that in the bud over the weekend!

Last night I just decided to curl up with a movie and take care of my back again, so I just couldn’t bring myself to sit in front of the computer and blog.  I could do it on my laptop but sometimes a girl just needs a break from the screen.  I know you all understand.  :)

Due to taking the morning off yesterday I didn’t really have breakfast.  Instead I grabbed an iced coffee from Starbucks (grande non-fat iced coffee with milk to be exact) and enjoyed it slowly with one of my sticky granola bars.

068 069

The whole reason I was out of the house was to get sushi for lunch.  I had a craving and figured I might as well honor it.  :)  Just Superstore sushi, but it was tasty!  I got the spicy combo pack, which ended up being spicy crab rolls and spicy salmon rolls, plus the fresh shrimp spring rolls which were refreshing and awesome. 

Hit.the.spot.

002 003 005

While at the store I also picked up some local strawberries (not as local as Farm Girl’s…but still Nova Scotia).  Holy hell people, these are the BEST strawberries I’ve had in forever.  Imagine a strawberry that actually tastes like…yes, you guessed it…a strawberry!!  I mowed down about half the container for my afternoon snack.

007

Activity:  After work the weather was warm but not too bright so I decided I needed to get out and move around.  I went for a 30 minute walk covering pretty much my entire neighborhood.  My stiff back thanked me for it.  :)

For dinner I started out making a simple caprese salad, but turned it into a little caprese pasta dish instead.  For some reason I was wanting the pasta (I rarely want pasta) so I cooked up some Smart macaroni and tossed it with the chunks of boconcinni cheese, fresh tomatoes drizzled with balsamic, fresh basil, some EVOO, and lots of salt & pepper.  Sprinkled a little parmesan on top as a finishing touch.  Simple and deeeelish.

012 014

While watching my girlie movie (He’s Just Not That Into You…meh) I finally broke open the box of Late July sandwich cookies I’ve had in the pantry for ages.  Totally yum…dangerously so…in fact I ate the whole box.  LOL.  It’s not that bad, but definitely about 3 times the calories I meant to consume.  Aren’t they just so cute though?

015016

My poor back is still tender so today was another take-it-easy day.  I think I’ll try to do a few yoga poses and stretches to loosen things up a little because I’d really like to make it to the make-up Booty Camp session tomorrow morning.  Of course, if the humid monsoon continues outside I may be rethinking that anyway…I’m not attempting booty camp in the rain where I might slip and strain my back again.  Crossing fingers that the weather leaves town ASAP.

Pin It

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your food looked awesome!! We have to all go out for Sushi again soon.