Saturday, July 18, 2009

Winnipeg: Assiniboine Park Zoo

The only touristy thing I requested to do while in Winnipeg was go to the Assiniboine Park Zoo.  I lurve going to zoos (and haven’t been to one since like 2002).  Since this is a kid-friendly touristy option, FH was easily convinced.

106

The photos speak for themselves.  The little man and I were hoping for giraffes…no such luck.  :)  Oh well, I guess humpty back camels had to suffice (oh, and humping monkeys).

110 112 115 128

Dirty monkeys!!

In the spirit of this actually being a food blog I remembered to take a picture of the VitaminWater I bought.  What an advertising gimmick, but if I was paying $3 for a bottle of water it might as well be “fancy” water.  It tasted good and at least the label was funny…

116 117

Photo op:

122 124 

More furry beasts.  This leopard had his eyes on a prize.  What we saw later was a couple of zoo employees walking two reindeer through the park just across from the cat’s cage.  Poor kitty was hoping for a real meal!

137 119147145  154 166160 

And I know this is going to seem childish and somewhat odd considering I’m supposed to be a healthy girl, but I was DYING for a Froster when I realized that Winnipeg has Mac’s convenience stores.  After a couple of hours wandering around in the sun, this was a perfect treat.  (We don’t have Mac’s or 7-Eleven in Nova Scotia so getting a frosty beverage like this is next to impossible…which sucks for a West Coast girl that enjoyed these EVERY Summer of her life).

168 

The little man had been ready to go home for about an hour, but the good little trooper made it through most of the rest of the animals before we called it a day.  Now we see why he wanted to leave.

Tired little bugger.

:)

172

Pin It

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

YOU ARE SOOOO SKINNY & GORGEOUS! Muah!

FH's little man is so adorable! :D

Unknown said...

I love going to zoo's too. Even before becoming parents, the Hubs and I would go to zoo's when we travelled.

Vanessa (Last Night's Leftovers) said...

Aww, that little man is such a cutie!

I love the zoo. Thinking about going today, actually...:D

Anonymous said...

No Mac's or 7-11??? I would die!!!!!!